• 3

September 24th. 12:01 PM

"Baek!" Said male turned his head, Luhan ran towards him. The younger didn't fail to notice the awkward smile on the other's face. He decided to ignore the odd look assuming his best friend had to deal with another student who had fallen for him. Luhan had always rejected the confessions kindly. He would always comfort the sad individuals with a simple 'you'll meet someone so much better.' Although everyone always thought he was secretly crushing on someone, they could never determine that theory. Luhan was a popular boy who had never been caught in a relationship since freshman year. Not only was he an athlete, but he was also intelligent and a true gentleman. Everyone adored him even after he rejected them. They still couldn't help but admire the boy from afar.

No one knew the boy had a crush...

A solid crush on the same boy since freshman year. He couldn't help it, and he was determined to keep it a secret. He didn't want anyone to find out... especially his best friend.

"What's up?" Baekhyun asked as he focused on his locker once again. He put his books neatly onto the top layer of his locker before shoving his heavy bag into the bottom space. He carefully adjusted the team picture and metal shelf on the door. He didn't need his lotion and extra pencils dropping mid hallway, especially not in this zombie state. He opened his bag and lazily took out his wallet. He was starving, and he was sure everyone else knew by the way his stomach was growling. He stared down at his flat belly in confusion. He mentally scolded it for being so loud before shushing it at once. He finally turned to his friend, who was patiently waiting, the forced smile still on his face.

Weird...

"So... Suho wants us to sit with him today!" Luhan took a deep breath watching how unbothered Baekhyun was. The boy only nodded, his hands in his pockets as his stomach continued to complain about the lack of food. He had skipped breakfast once again, which was gradually becoming a bad habit. His mom was tired, and he decided that waking her up from her deep slumber would be rude. He let his mother rest and chewed on a granola bar which was definitely not enough after 4 hours of classwork. Baek turned to look at the lunch line, not really caring about the table he would sit in. Kyungsoo usually sat there first, so he didn't bother to check for his friends.

His focus was on the food.

His brown eyes glittered with excitement when he saw the pineapple pizza get placed onto a big circled tray. Before Baekhyun could drool at the sight, his hand was pulled by the fidgeting hyung beside him. He turned to look at Luhan, perplexed, and it only worsened when the older flashed him a worried smile.

"Please don't freak out..." His quiet mumbling only received a confused head tilt. Baekhyun raised his brow, trying to keep up with the older who continued to drag him towards a table.

"Why would I- oh hell no!"

Baekhyun turned around, slapping Luhan's hand away. He felt his appetite suddenly vanish. His stomach was no longer growling for food. Instead, his stomach curled in an uncomfortable state, Baekhyun wanted nothing to do with this plan. Before he could get any farther, he felt a pair of hands wrap around his waist. He looked down at the tight hold and glared at his smiling best friend.

"Baek! Come on. It's for Suho. He really likes Yixing, and he requested that both of their friends have lunch together. We're Suho's friends, so please, just ignore Chanyeol..." Baekhyun could only sigh at the comforting words. He was conflicted by the sudden meeting. He didn't want to leave Junmyeon hanging and seem like a bad friend. He wanted to meet Yixing and see his older friend happy. But... he also didn't want to sit at the same table as a particular taller. He was strong enough to handle working with him for team purposes, but... conversing with the taller during his regular time? He was not looking forward to that. He was already stressed about his mom, and he didn't feel like dealing with anyone's bullshit at the moment. Baek looked at Luhan, who had his usual puppy eyes, basically begging the younger to cooperate. The boy with honey-like hair finally sighed. He only had to tolerate the taller for an hour. Everyone would be happy if he did that so, he kept his complaints in the dark and allowed the older to waddle him back to the table. His hold on the other's waist tightened as the group of ten looked up at them.