65

Baekhyun drank his strawberry drink with a small smile.

It's sweeter this time.

He remembered how much effort Xiumin had put into the first drink he had made him. Baekhyun wasn't a fan of bitter things, he preferred sweet foods, but he also hated if they were way too sweet. The first strawberry drink wasn't bad...

It was just very sweet.

Xiumin had made two drinks. One was very sweet the other was very milky. In the end, Baekhyun preferred the milky drink. He helped Xiumin clean and told him to add just two spoons of sugar to the milky glass. It seems like the older had taken his advice because the new drink was delicious.

His thoughts on the drink were replaced when Sehun gave him his phone. He stared at the younger, confused, but the taller didn't react at all. Sehun opened his phone and clicked on his videos.

"I know I should've shown them this, but... I just didn't think they'd want to see it again."

The video began, and it was the same clip that was shown at the restaurant that day. He was hitting his stepdad with his bat. The beginning was enough to make Baek freeze.

Chanyeol panicked when the older didn't say anything. He turned to Sehun with an already upset face. Baekhyun was finally feeling better; how could he show that to him... they were back at square one.

"Sehun, why the fuck-"

"Look. I know this looks bad, but... just watch it carefully."

They turned back to the video. Baekhyun swung his bat at his father while they were both standing up. A second later, his father was on the floor severely injured. Chanyeol clicked on the clip to watch that part again. Maybe they had blinked at the exact same time.

They watched it closely and saw how the clips were not adding up. It was only a few small details that showed the difference, but... the evidence was still there.

The video was cut.

"The video..." Sehun nodded at the frozen pair.

"I noticed it right away when I watched it at the restaurant. If his stepdad was telling the truth, then there would be no reason to cut the video. That's why I believe your story and explanation." Baekhyun smiled softly before watching the video again.

He believes me.

This video shows how my stepfather is lying...

Luhan dropped his chin on his best friend's shoulder to watch the clip. His eyebrow raised when he began to think. They were watching this video from Sehuns phone?

"How did you get the video?" The trio looked up at the suddenly shy male. They looked like hungry puppies waiting for their delicious treat.

"Umm... ahahah-" He scratched his head awkwardly. He expected them to ask this question, but... he forgot. The plan of how this situation would go down was not occurring as it did in his head. They were supposed to say: "Wow, Sehun! You're so smart!" "You're so cool!" He would then proudly smile and say thank you with a humble pose.

Currently, none of that was happening-

They were at the restaurant, and the chaos was already mid-way in. Baekhyuns stepfather had shown up unexpectedly and was now showing them a video of his "son" abusing him.

This whole situation was weird. Sehun didn't understand what was happening and why it was happening. He didn't get why they had to watch this video. Was this supposed to make them betray Baekhyun or turn him into the police? Were they supposed to believe a stranger that showed up out of nowhere? If his stepfather wanted them to be on his side his acting should've been better... Sehun had caught the small smirk curling on the mans lip. Anyone could tell this man was releasing fumes of pure cockiness. However, since the video was the only thing in their interest at the moment, the rest didn't catch onto the suspicious looks.