117

"Why didn't you ask Kyungsoo for help?"

"I told him I could do it myself."

"..."

"..."

"Well, that obviously wasn't true-"

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna go tell him that-"

They shushed each other for being so loud. It was around 11 PM, and they were still in the kitchen trying to bake a cake. The egg boxes were spread on the table, broken shells and yolks everywhere. The flour was nearly fogging up the room, and the smell of chocolate was beginning to cause massive headaches.

"We don't have eggs anymore."

"I wonder where they went."

Jongin pointed at the table, dumbfounded. Was Chen blind? The eggs were all over the table- how could he not see them? Judging by his confused expression, Jongdae nudged his side, letting him know there was sarcasm in his voice. He carefully moved to the front entrance wondering if the guards would let them buy a few materials for the baking session. He slid the door open, and the guard behind turned to him with a severe stare. He nodded, asking Jongdae to speak up.

"Could we perhaps go out to buy a few things?" The guard shook his head before bowing.

"We were given strict orders from young master not to let anyone leave the perimeter of the base unless allowed to."

The door was locked and shut once again, leaving a disappointed Jongin and Jongdae behind the door. They turned to each other, and it was almost like a spark clicked. They pushed each other to the hall, directly towards the last room.

"You ask him-"

"Why do I have to?"

"You're older-"

"And you're younger-"

"Hyung, just ask him."

"We just started a truce this morning- he's gonna disown me for being annoying."

"Should we call Luhan?"

"Are you nuts? Luhan would tell the whole world our surprise."

"Right, right. So what do we do-"

Click.

"You guys are awfully loud. What's the matter?"

They suddenly stood straight, nearly stomped their foot on the floor, and chanted "sir, yes sir!" They glanced at each other, still a bit worried about Baekhyun and how he felt precisely towards them. They weren't the nicest in the past, and although they apologized for their actions, that didn't change the past. Baekhyun could hold grudges and still judge them for how they treated him two years ago. The older seemed to notice their anxious stares and sighed.

"Guys, I'm not going to yell at you- unless you fucked something up." He turned to the kitchen and raised a brow. "Did you start a fire or something?" He sniffed the air and walked to the kitchen with a curious and worried expression. His eyebrows fell into a shocked and disgusted frown when he saw the disaster.

"What in the world possessed both of you to use all these eggs?!"

"Well, we- a cake?"

Baekhyun sighed and handed them a few napkins. "I'm guessing you want to go buy more cake supplies? But that would be a waste considering that... you guys don't know how to bake a cake, right?" Jongin shook his head and showed Baek his phone. "I searched it up online! We were trying to make a chocolate cake." He hummed and looked at the brown powder in the measuring cup.