29

Daesung froze in place at Daehyuns words. Was this a big joke? Did the younger even know what he was saying? Baekhyun had to take over the thrown? Daesung knew this wouldn't work out. The young boy was softer than anyone he knew... how would he possibly become a harsh Mafia leader?

"You're just going to hand him the throne? I mean, the throne has always been his, but Daehyun... that kid isn't ready for this type of world." Daehyun shook his head and smiled. He had been watching his baby brother from afar, and he observed how Baek acted. He knew his brother was strong, probably stronger than everyone else. Whether it was mentally or physically... Baekhyun had it in him to become the following leader.

"Even if he's not ready, he still needs to come into this world. Dad said I could pass him the throne once he became the right age. He's 18 now... I gave him some extra months, but he should've been training by now..."

"Daehyun. I understand your view on this, but... think about his feelings. I don't think he's ready for this at all. This isn't just some street gang. This is the Royals, the biggest mafia group in the world. You have to think wisely. Baekhyun is still just a kid, and he's never experienced anything with guns or mafia-related items. From what Heechul has told me, The boy is extremely sensitive. How is he supposed to go to meetings and show this terrifying aura? He isn't cut out to be a leader because he's too innocent. We can't force him into this world, especially not in a few months... it'll take too long." Daehyun released a heavy sigh, his fingers trailing against the crown tattoo he had against his wrist. "We are going to have to show him how to shoot a gun and how to kill people! He won't be able to handle the work given to him. As a leader... I think that boy will go mentally insane if we put him through this bloody mess..." Daehyun nodded in agreement but stared off into space with slight guilt. This is what his father wanted. This was his last order before passing away. Daehyun had to accomplish it. He knew he had to.

"I know, hyung, but... I've held the throne for far too long.

It's his turn to take over."

---------------------

November 23rd. 12:04 PM

"Luhan... don't you think we already have enough balloons?" Xiumin hesitantly asked as he received a glare in return. "Nope! EVERYONE IS THE CAKE FINISHED? DO WE HAVE HIS FAVORITE CHIPS!? SEHUN BLOW SOME MORE BLUE BALLOONS!" Luhan paced around, demanding everyone to keep working. Guilt was eating him inside ever since the fight last night. He wanted to make it up to his best friend and cheer up the saddened younger. He hoped to make things right and apologize with a small gathering.

"Luhan, can't you just say sorr-"

"NO! He deserves this. A simple apology won't do, so I need to make this the best sorry party ever!" His eyes teared up at just the thought of this party not being enough. His peers didn't quite understand why Luhan was so anxious, but... they did know how meaningful this friendship was to the older. Luhan was Baekhyuns first and ever friend... he didn't want to lose the younger who held a large worth. He didn't want to lose him over a dumb misunderstanding, where he was at fault for not being patient.

"Hey, don't cry. He's going to love it, lu!"

He sniffed with a short nod as he blew on another balloon. The squirming of the rubber could be heard against his trembling lips.

"Hey, has anyone realized that Chanyeol is mis-"

"SOMEONE CALL BAEKHYUN! WE NEED TO SURPRISE HIM WHEN HE GETS HERE!" Luhan panicked, checking the time as soon as he wiped his tears. Stress crammed inside of him, and he began to pour more chips into the big bowl while yelling out multiple demands.