• Prologue

Love is like a drug.

It brings you so much joy. Along with a never-ending thrill that creates an entertaining and comfortable atmosphere. The adrenaline that always runs along your body, making every touch feel incredibly shocking. You will never get sick of the intoxicating feeling that consumes you as you proceed to become one with your pair. You are happy with them. Until the drug wears off and reality shines brighter than the expected images in your mind.

The sudden pain that ties around your heart. A metal chain is pulling at your neck, forcing you to face the consequences of love. The heartbreaks, fights, blood, and tears are all forgotten at one point.

Love is never going to be pretty.

It is never going to be safe.

Love is an addicting drug. One that can't help but harm you.

"Finish the job."

His hands violently shook as he held the gun up. His tied-up lover couldn't do anything but return the pained expression. Their eyes met in the middle; he could barely contain the sob that lingered against his throat. It hurt. His heart hurt. After all the bickering, giggles, and cute moments they once shared and felt, why did their supposed "love" turn into this? Why couldn't their love have a happy ending?

He took in a deep breath and positioned his hand once more. His fingers rested on the trigger, tapping slightly at the metal loop that he couldn't bear to pull. Would shooting heal his aching heart? Or would it just cause him more misery? He hated this. He hated all of this. The way this cold and numb impression replaced his once shimmering eyes. Why did he look so tired? Why was he exhausted when he was meant to be happy?

He opened his tear-filled eyes and stared at the tied-up male before adjusting his cramping hand. Their eyes held so many words, possible curses, and screams that were waiting to be released. But somewhere, along those hate-filled words, they knew a set of "I love you's" would be hidden.

How did we end up like this?

Why is it so hard to love you?

-------