45

TW: Blood/Murder

"I'll say it again! What are they planning?!" The man against the chair cried, his hair being pulled by one of the mafia members. Baekhyun and Daniel had arrived when they were torturing the man, asking him questions about the gang Bullets. Baekhyun internally winced, watching the man filled with bloody wounds continue to be tortured. He was tied against a chair, chains preventing him from getting up or fighting back.

"I don't know! Please, I swear I don't kno- AHHHHH!" He let out a throaty scream; a knife piercing through his palm harshly. Daniel gagged at the sight, sure he was a trained member, but he still hated tormenting others. He thought it was easier to kill them and end the pain in one shot. On the other hand, Baekhyun was frozen. He didn't know what to do or how to react in this position.

"Okay, P-please! They w-want to kidnap the boy and get some secrets that he knows about his father." The man inhaled sharply, trying to surpass the discomfort surrounding his body. Everyone turned to Baekhyun, who stood confused. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down his anxiousness.

"What secrets?" He looked at the man, proud that his voice came out smooth with no stutter.

"I-I don't know! B-boss just said something about a lair and a secret passage. He thinks you know the location. The p-passage supposedly leads to important documents." The man shivered, his wounds gushing out blood rapidly. His eyes felt heavy. They were slowly closing until water drenched his body. He gasped at the cold water, inhaling and exhaling to calm himself down.

"Stay awake! Josh! Did you get all of that?" The man turned to the other male wearing glasses. He was holding a recorder, writing down notes quickly. "Yes, I wrote all the information down!" He bowed and walked to Daesung, who watched from afar.

"Good job... now he's not needed anymore." Daesung watched as his men smirked, the urge to kill running through their veins. The man holding the water bucket instantly dropped the container and ran at the tied man. Knife shining under the room light, Baekhyun watched carefully. The man's hand with the knife jolted towards the heart of the tied male. An excited smile spread on his face.

"Stop!"

The guard froze, the knife against the bloody shirt nearly piercing through the skin. He turned to his boss that yelled with an eyebrow raised.

"Mark, drop the knife. The one killing him will be Baekhyun." Daesung looked at the boy with honey brown hair. Watching how he tensed up, slightly shivering from the goosebumps trailing up his arms.

"Are you sure?" Daniel quickly placed a gun in his friend's hands. Baekhyun turned to Daesung with a worried look.

"I'm sure. You can do the honors." Daesung smiled softly once seeing the boy nod frantically.

Baekhyun walked slowly to the chained man, observing all the wounds on his body. The man looked up at him, frightened.

"Please don't do this! I haven't done anything p-please!" Tears left the man's eyes, Baekhyun felt his heart tighten at the view. The smaller lifted the gun, his grip firm as he pointed to the crying man. He watched as the man sobbed, his eyes filled with sadness and worry.

"Baekhyun."

His hand trembled on the gun. His fingers grazed the trigger, but he couldn't pull it.

Fuck... Baekhyun, you have to do this!

"You don't want to shoot?" A man cockily laughed. Baekhyun felt embarrassed. He knew he had to shoot, and he wanted to, but... his body didn't allow him to pull the trigger.

"SHOOT!" He looked at the man tied against the chair. He was pleading for forgiveness with tears streaming down his face.

"P-please! I have a daughter. I can't leave her a-all by h-herself! Please!" He choked on his sobs as he jumped, trying to free himself from the chains. Baekhyun felt his heart shatter.

He has a family waiting for him... I shouldn't do thi-

A hand grabbed his shoulder gently. He turned to see a taller male with golden like hair. He was staring straight at the tied man.

"This man, Jung Hawook, is an ex-convict. He was imprisoned for Assualt and First-Degree-Murder. He raped eight women, thirteen young teenagers, and murdered seven of them. In the gang, Bullets, he was in charge of kidnapping their victims. After capturing them, he would rape and torture the victims before taking them back to the gang. He was violent against his wife and child. He beat his wife forcefully every day, bashing her head against the wall multiple times. His wife passed due to severe head trauma and blood loss. He sexually harasses his daughter and beats her to release stress." Baekhyun felt his heart drop. He looked at the man in chains with pure disgust. His nerves calmed down. He no longer felt guilty for being in this position. After hearing the man's true background, he wanted nothing more but to get rid of him.

"He doesn't seem so nice anymore, right? Do you want to kill him now?" Baekhyun nodded. He positioned his fingers on the trigger of the gun.

"What will happen to his daughter?"

"She was left with her grandparents. She is happy with them, but she suffers from bad anxiety and has panic attacks here and there. Fortunately, she is getting better." Baekhyun smiled; his heart felt relieved.

I'm glad his daughter is doing better without him...

He closed his eyes and pulled the trigger. Everyone cheered proudly, staring at the dead body now lying on the chair. Baekhyun jolted back slightly from the strength of the bullet, but he quickly stationed himself on his feet. He didn't dare open his eyes. He didn't want to see the result. He dropped the black gun, his hands shaking after the impact. His breathing was uneven, and his heart accelerated. The hand on his shoulder softly pushed him towards another direction. They sauntered out of the room slowly but surely. Baekhyun jumped in fright after hearing the door slam shut. He was quickly engulfed in a hug, a sweet smell of vanilla entering his nose.

"Inhale and exhale." Baekhyun followed the orders, slowly trying to get his breathing back to normal. His hands were still trembling. He felt like he was still holding the gun. Hands softly caressed his back, reassuring him that he was not alone and that everything was going to be okay. He relaxed in the warm hug, but his eyes were still squeezed shut. He was scared that if he opened them, he would see the dead man.

"We're outside now. You can open your eyes." The voice was soft and calm. Baekhyun felt as though he could trust the person for now. He opened his eyes, peeking to see where they were. He turned to see the same man with golden-brown hair.

"I'm proud of you. I understand you can't kill someone if they are not guilty. Daesung and I don't mind if you don't kill but... that man was disgusting in every way possible. He had committed a ton of crimes and ruined so many lives. I knew you would shoot once you knew who he truly was..." The man smiled proudly, his eyes filled with nothing but fondness. Baekhyun nodded slowly.

He looks...

Familiar...

"Are you okay now?" The man looked at the smaller with worry. He didn't want the boy to be hurting at all. "Yes... Thank you for helping me. I'm Byun Baekhyun. It's a pleasure to meet you." Baekhyun bowed to the taller, who chuckled lowly. "Ah, you're still so adorable." The man pinched his cheeks, staring at the confused Baekhyun. He quickly realized the smaller did not know who he was. He stepped back and rubbed his neck, slightly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I should introduce myself as well. It's a pleasure to meet you...

I'm Daehyun."

------