23

"Baekhyun, go play with mommy, okay? Daddy has to go to a meeting right no-"

"Friend! how are you?!" A nice suited man came with his hair slicked back.

"Ahh, hello, I'm sorry my son wanted to play a bit more. I'll get him to his mom." He picked up the pouting Baekhyun but was immediately stopped.

"Let him stay. We need to be teaching our kids this life at a young age!" They laughed as the other man pinched the little boy's cheeks. Baekhyun giggled while holding his hands out, his eyes squinting with a goofy smile.

"Has Daehyun started training?"

"Yeah, with how he's going now, I'm pretty sure he'll be a good fighter." He smiled as he thought of his older son. The taller male covered his face, stopping to ask a question instead of playing peekaboo with the baby.

"That's great. I'm guessing he'll be the one taking over the head chair once you retire, correct?" He smiled but shook his head. He looked at his youngest son and rocked him a bit.

"Well, it's up to Daehyun if he wants to be, but... I know my son. He'll save the chair for Baekhyun, and once this little kid turns 18, he'll make Baekhyun take over the family business." The other man hummed at the planned-out response. He continued to play with the small child while answering the older male.

"That's amazing, hey, and if anything happens, you know I'll protect your gang and make sure nothing happens to your boys. We've been allies since babies. You can always trust me." He ruffled Baekhyuns hair with a bright grin.

"Thank you, Daesung."

---------------------

November 22nd. 6:47 PM

"Hyung, I can't eat that- hyung!"

The soup was simmering on top of the stove while the two males continued to argue.

"Stop being such a baby. It's just for the flavor. I'll take them out before you eat- BAEKHYUN THOSE WERE THREE DOLLARS EACH!"

Baekhyun grabbed the bag filled with cucumbers and dumped them into the trash.

"These are forbidden hyung." Baekhyun stuck out his tongue with a squinted stare.

"SHUT UP! COME HERE. YOU THREW OUT MY CUCUMBERS!"

"THEY BELONG IN THE TRASH!"

"YOU OWE ME FIFTEEN DOLLARS! FIFTEEN!"

"I DID YOU A FAVOR-"

"Settle down. The noise is making my headache even worse..."

"..."

"..."

They both turned to the smiling woman who raised her hands in defense. They scoffed and looked away from each other, slightly annoyed.

"Fine."

"I told you to rest." Baekhyun looked at his mother before releasing a sigh. He couldn't see her much because of school and practice, but he felt at ease knowing his uncle was taking good care of her. "I know, but you finally came today. I wanted to spend some time with my little boy." She pinched his chubby cheeks with a throaty laugh. Baekhyun had no time to complain about the painful pull on his skin since Heechul started wincing at the heat on his finger. The older set the food on the table with a thud, urging everyone to sit and begin to feast.