• 4

TW: Abuse

Baekhyun could hear the mess from the staircase. He rushed to his room only to find a complete disaster. His cabinet, dresser, clothes, shoes, electronics, books, and a lot more were just thrown on the floor. He gasped and entered the room carefully, trying not to step on his precious stuff. Out of the corner of his eye, he found the culprit standing above his family photo. The frame was destroyed, along with the glass that was now shattered into pieces. Baekhyun couldn't contain his anger. There was no reason for this man to be in his room.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" His stepfather didn't respond and approached him instead. He grabbed his arm forcefully, and by the sudden closeness, Baekhyun could tell he was entirely sober.

"Where are the pictures of your father?"

"My father? Why do you need that?! Those are my possessions; I don't need to share them with anyone-" His bratty mouth brought him a punch to the stomach. He inhaled a chunk of air harshly and wrapped his arms around his stomach. What was wrong with this guy? First, he starts looking through his items, and now he's demanding to see personal holdings. This man was crazy.

The older didn't say anything else and left the room with heavy stomps. Baek watched as he stormed off before slamming the front door. Baekhyun knew a bruise would form on his stomach from the painful hit. But he didn't dare to tell his mother. He was well aware of how she would act and how worried she would be. She didn't need more stress, so he kept his lips shut. It's not like it really mattered. The bastard disappeared for a month after the odd incident.

---------------------

September 30th. 10:34 AM

"Do you think he likes anyone?"

"Why don't you just ask him?"

"Because he'll think I'm a weirdo?"

"You asked if Baekhyun was single the first time you met him."

"Yeah, but that's different. I just did that to annoy you."

"You asshole-"

"Baekhyun-hyung!" Chanyeol rolled his eyes, his tongue tapping the roof of his mouth in annoyance. He watched as Sehun hurried to the older who was visibly shocked. Baekhyun turned to the voice and smiled uncomfortably. "Hi?" Sehun waved. He watched the older close his locker, freeze at the sight of his annoyed best friend. "Ummm, do you perhaps know where Luhan-hyung is?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrow in interest before pointing to his right. "Luhan? He's in the bio room." Sehun shrieked, muttering a thank you while running to the science lab. Baekhyun blinked a few times, not really understanding what just happened. He steadied his books and made his way to the library, not paying attention to the taller behind him. He could hear the small steps, but he hoped Chanyeol was just walking in the same direction. His hope faded into dust the second Chanyeol held the door behind him. Baekhyun glanced at him for a moment, but he shrugged it off before he could get any more curious.

Baekhyun settled in a clear table near the window. He neatly placed his pens and books side by side to begin his effective studying. He quietly began to review his notes and add onto them with colorful sticky notes. His studying would have been effective if the double-seater table only had one person.