83

TW: Abuse/Blood

"Section 3."

"Clear."

"Section 4."

"Clear."

"Section 5."

"Target is located. Lower right in the corner of the bedroom. He seems to be unlocking a safe."

Baekhyun clicked his earphone before quickly averting his blue eyes to the window. He stood on the edge for a few seconds trying to regain his balance. He crouched down and cut the frame sheet under the glass piece. The wired squares barely made a sound as their bottom was chipped completely. He peeped his head and made sure there was no one in the room before jumping inside. His feet swayed on the tiled floor, silent like always.

He was an assassin, after all.

Searching his surroundings, he found jewelry all over the place. Most of them were female pieces, while the rest were thick watches engraved in diamonds. Baek observed the jewelry from afar. He made sure to keep his hands at his side so that his fingerprints weren't left behind. He clicked on his earpiece, hoping someone had eliminated the target at once.

"Section 1 to 4 are being searched right now. Guard section 5 since there are still some lurking men." He walked to the main bedroom quietly. No one had noticed him so far, and he wasn't making any noise, but... before he could get to the central hallway, he saw a guard turn the corner just in time. He swiftly covered his body behind the concrete wall. You would think that he would panic. I mean, who wouldn't? Halfway through the mission and an armed guard is coming your way. You have nowhere else to run or hide. He is bound to kill you on the spot. Any normal person would be terrified about getting caught...

But Baekhyun wasn't normal.

Not a single part of him was shivering. He wasn't scared at all. Was death a horrifying concept?

He reached for the mini glass bottle in his pocket. The dark pink liquid that moved inside looked so beautiful, and it absolutely was. It was extracted from the darkened areas of the stem. It looked like a bruise had appeared on the withering section of the flower. Baekhyun stared at the pastel petals admiring their color before opening the bottle. At times like this, his mask was very useful. It would be a problem if he inhaled the poison instead...

Nerium Oleanders were like elegant murderers. They seem innocent and pure on the outside as they demonstrate their beautiful petals with detailed splashes of pure color. But, once you get to the stem, you might see a dark purple start at the top before continuing to spread downwards. Anyone would think it was a withering flower, but the plant was fine. It was receiving enough moisture and sunlight. Nothing was wrong. The dark purple was just the toxins spilling out.

A gorgeous assassin. It could be a great comparison if you look at the ethereal flower a lot closer. Even when smelling it, a similar apricot scent would capture your mind in just a few seconds. An intoxicating smell that would put you in a calming and delightful daydream. However, that comforting sensation would only last a matter of seconds before a deep sleep hits you. Compared to the desirable pleasure that had ended, a new sensation would appear, which would be the complete opposite. The urge to throw up, throbbing headaches, numbing along with nausea, and of course, the unconscious ending. If you get lucky, you will pass out immediately after digesting the poison, but...

That dream you have may last an eternity because, after you faint, you will no longer wake up.

Perhaps it was the colors that attracted Baekhyun to the poisonous test tubes. Or maybe it was the idea of eliminating the opponent without any blood splatter. That was the one thing Baek just couldn't get used to. He hated the sight of blood. It made him feel disgusted, but not to the point where he felt nauseous. It just created goosebumps above his skin, and he despised that, which is why he mainly used poison to kill his targets.