32

December 1st. 5:34 PM

"Baek, remember to call me once you're out!"  Chanyeol ran back to his boyfriend and hugged him one more time. He felt extra clingy today, and Baekhyun didn't mind at all but, he did need to go home to get his stuff. "I know, I know! I'll just go in and out. Just wait for me at the cafe!" He made his way down the sidewalk after pressing a small kiss on his lips.

Ring!

He flinched at the sudden vibration. He picked up his phone, answering after noticing the caller.

Heechul

"Hello?"

"Baek?! Are you near the old house? Please check on your mother! It's been like 20 minutes, and I'm leaving the house right now to go over there." Baekhyun felt his heart drop.

Mom?

"Why is she there?!" The click of the call cut off his question. His uncle had rapidly hung up as he tried to make his way to his sister. Baekhyun bit his lip in worry as he walked faster towards the haunting house. He had wished he didn't have to return ever again, but... fate had different plans.

The door was slightly open, glass everywhere. The smaller could feel the shivering goosebumps slide down his back. He wished he didn't have to enter, and later on, he would regret his decision as well.

He walked into the house only to relive one of his biggest nightmares.

---------------------

December 1st. 6:08 PM

"Guys? Baek hasn't come?" Chanyeol shook his leg, worried; something must have happened. It has been over 30 minutes, and Baekhyun was still not at the cafe. Chan called several times, but he just went straight into voicemail.

Where are you, Baekhyun?

"He's still not answering." Luhan sighed, feeling quite similar to the taller. He ran his fingers through his hair with nothing but nerves running through him.

"Maybe we should go check up on hi-"

Ring.

Ring.

Chanyeol looked at his phone and frowned

Unknown

It wasn't Baekhyun, so he could care less about who it was. He drank his americano continuously, hoping his boyfriend would come soon.

---------------------

The house was awfully quiet. The glass shards on the floor dug into Baekhyuns shoes as he kicked them towards the side. He hurried into the living room after hearing the faint sounds of the television. His stepfather was thrown on the couch with a beer in his hand. That didn't bother Baekhyun since he was used to all the alcohol, but...

What did bother him was the red stains on the olders shirt.

"Oh, kid, you're back!" He laughed before chugging his bitter beer.

"Where is mom?" Baekhyun got closer, his hands instinctively grabbing his bag just in case he had to use it as a shield. He hoped he wasn't visibly shaking, but he could feel himself tremble with each step he took.