52

They stared at each other, both feeling a protective feeling wash over them. The hand on Baekhyuns waist grew tighter but not strong enough to harm the sleeping boy or wake him from his slumber. The stranger's eyes trailed down to the hand, and the amount of confusion but also anger that began to flow through his body baffled the man.

"I'll ask again. Who are you?" Chanyeol distanced himself from the unknown individual. He wanted to make sure the precious smaller wasn't near any danger. The stranger raised a brow before letting out a scoff.

"Why should I tell you that? You're holding Baekhyun, who seems to be knocked out. You could be a threat for all I know." Chanyeol shook his head and stared at the man observing him closely. The male's attire wasn't suspicious; he seemed like a regular guy roaming town. But that didn't give him the green pass-

"I need to know who you are before you try and touch him. You obviously know him, but I want to make sure you won't hurt him in any way." The man released a staggered sigh before nodding in agreement. The tall student had every right to question him since he did appear out of the blue.

"Alright. My name is Daehyun. I know Baekhyun because we're family." Chanyeol nodded.

That's why he looks so similar to Baek...

"Can you prove that? You could be a sex trafficker saying that as an excuse to take him away from me." Daehyun rolled his eyes and glared at the tall male.

"Who are you, huh? You could be a kidnapper trying to harm him!" Chanyeol looked at him with a blank face.

I don't know if Baekhyun's family is homophobic...

The last thing I want is for his family to hate him.

"We go to the same school, we're captains of the baseball team, and we're very close." Chanyeol grabbed his phone and showed the picture on his lock screen. They were both dressed in their baseball uniform, a bat thrown on the grass right behind them. Chan had his arm draped over Baek's shoulder as they both held the biggest smiles on their faces. Daehyun felt his heart melt as he stared at his baby brother in the picture.

It makes my heart flutter seeing him like that, even when I know I will never make him happy like that.

Daehyun cleared his throat before handing the younger his phone back.

"You may have heard of the name Heechul, that's our uncle, and he has been taking care of Baekhyun. I will give him a call. Just give me a sec." Searching through his contacts, he finally pressed on his uncle's number and waited for him to answer.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring-

"Daehyun! I'm kinda busy right now!" Daehyun winced and separated the phone from his ear. His uncle was for sure a loud and dramatic man.

"Ah, sorry. Well, this may sound a bit weird, but... I called you so that this kid- Wait, I didn't even catch your name?" Daehyun looked at the taller, who was trying his best to suppress a laugh.

"I'm Chanyeol."

"Alright. So this kid named Chanyeol is with Baekhyun-"