• 10

October 22nd. 8:58 AM

Areum made sure Seonjin was sleeping before quietly walking towards her room. He was drunk and passed out on the couch after returning the night before. She should have expected the fight that was bound to occur this morning when her son found him. She let out a deep sigh while locking the door. She hastily moved towards her secret safe and took out the hidden papers inside. She brought out the lonely picture of her husband and hugged it against her chest. She felt so alone at times like this. She just wanted everything to come to an end.

Some may ask, why doesn't she leave her new lover?

It isn't that easy when the situation involves abuse and a lot of threatening. Seonjin has not only threatened her to harm Baekhyun and his friends. He's a sick man who manipulated her with kindness when she was at her lowest moments. When her husband passed, she just needed comfort, and Seonjin was a kind friend from work who lent a hand... in return for her soul. She was trapped to the point where running away was probably the best option but, she just couldn't abandon the house.

She couldn't abandon the house her precious husband made her. The last gift he granted her before the accident.

She stared at the picture with tear-filled eyes. Why did it have to be like this? She understood the risks that came with her love life but... she just didn't expect everything to turn out this way. She expected a sweet fairytale, not a horrifying nightmare.

She caressed the photo, small droplets falling onto the man's face as she silenced her sobs. "Joonwoo-ah..." He was smiling so bright while holding his two baby boys.

"Happy birthday, my love."

---------------------

October 22nd. 12:14 PM

The tension at the table made a dark aura surround them. The ten guys stared at the moody members, confused and slightly worried. Students near the table quickly scrammed away after noticing the angry captains. After feeling the dark aura around them, they moved out of the way before the black swirl of darkness could pull them in.

Minseok cleared his throat. Judging by everyone's face, he had to put on his big boy pants and talk to the pair. "So, how was your day, Baek?" The said boy picked on his food with discomfort. He almost wanted to laugh at how pathetic his day was going.

"Great. So fucking great." The group could tell he was lying by the way he was stabbing his plate. They knew something was wrong, and they could only assume that Chanyeol had something to do with it. For once, they had thought the two boys were finally getting along... but like always, they thought wrong. They glanced at each other, slightly disappointed with the situation.

"I already apologized-"

"Well, your shit excuse of a sorry isn't going to fix the issue." Baekhyun didn't bother to look at the annoyed taller. He knew it was an accident, but he just couldn't contain his anger. He had worked extremely hard to finish his art project. Close to two weeks of work were ruined in one single move. He was still aggravated by his stepfather too. The old bastard made his morning a living hell, probably added new bruises onto his skin with the commotion that he caused. He left home after that huge fight only to have his art project demolished in front of him.

He was obviously not delighted with how his day was going.

"Is it my fault you left your bag on the floor?" Chanyeol didn't let his eyes falter. He continued to stare at the frowning boy, hoping they would meet eyes so he could show his honest feelings. He truly felt bad for ruining the boy's project, but every time he tried to compensate for his mistake, the smaller would just ignore him or start arguing. They were getting along incredibly well the past few weeks. It was already nearing the end of the month, which would make it around two months of their so-called "friendship" beginning. Baekhyun was angry with him, but at this point, he was just releasing his hatred for his stepfather.