• 13

November 6th. 5:37 PM

Chanyeol let the cold water wipe off his sweat. To his misfortune, the relaxing stream wasn't helpful when it came to helping his migraine. He had been stressed about school, practice, life in general. The teachers who constantly picked on him were also no use when it came to his throbbing head. He didn't feel like bothering anyone with his issues, so he took another pain killer and dealt with the stress on his own.

After a few minutes of refreshing his body, he turned the tap stopping the water pressure from escaping any further. He put on his briefs and exited the bathroom before going into the empty locker room. Mostly everyone had gone home, and he didn't really care if people saw his body, so he proceeded to put on his sweats calmly. He ran a hand through his wet hair and slipped on his shirt.

"How long are you gonna take?"

The taller turned to see Baekhyun against the wall with money in between his fingers.

"Frozen yogurt?" Chanyeol quickly nodded and pulled down his shirt, unfazed. He could feel the stares from the smaller but... he decided to ignore them for the time being. He threw on his hoodie and rapidly grabbed his bag. He pushed Baekhyun aside, who immediately complained about the harsh action.

"You were in the way-"

"You were in the way." Baekhyun imitated with a mocking face. The smaller ignored the glares from his left as he continued to walk towards the familiar shop. They walked in silence, one that felt comfortable to Chanyeol but tense to Baekhyun. The older had a few questions in mind, but... he just didn't know how to express himself without ruining anything. He was about to compliment the taller for his efforts in practice today but, the younger seemed to have other plans in mind.

"Do you not have any other friends to invite to this place?"

Baekhyun opened the door to the shop. The bell's tune had become his favorite melody to hear every day. He turned to the younger, a bit startled by the question. He kept the smile on his face and played along with the annoyed male.

"I do. But they were busy." Chanyeol scoffed before walking to a free table. They sat down before averting their eyes to the long line. Deciding to wait for the line to shorten, their conversation had continued.

"So you decide to bring me here instead..."

"We always come here together, so I thought... Do you want to leave?" The taller shook his head, but this situation between them kept getting weirder as time passed. It had been two months since their so-called "friendship" began. Chanyeol wasn't used to how close they had gotten recently, and now that he was irritated, all of his thoughts were just slipping out.

"Why did you start being so nice to me?" The older raised a confused brow and stopped playing with the rings on his finger for a second. Baekhyun didn't really understand the hostile behavior the taller suddenly had. They were talking just fine this morning... but now it seemed like the taller was being forced to interact with him.

"What are you talking about? Nice as in I'm inviting you to eat frozen yogurt? We've been doing this for months now. You were nice to me, so why would I continue to be rude?"

"Yeah, but that's only because Yixing asked me to." Baekhyun lifted his head.

"What are you talking about?"

"Yixing told me to become your friend. I didn't expect us to get this close."

Clash!

Something had broken into pieces.

Chanyeol turned his head in an instant to figure out what had happened. One of the workers had accidentally dropped some glassware. It wasn't an issue... but something else had shattered as well. The only difference was that no one heard it or paid attention to it at all. Everyone viewed the broken glass on the floor, not realizing a cracked heart was sitting in one of the tables. Baekhyun didn't turn his head like everyone else. Because unlike them, he had heard the impact against his own chest. He didn't know why it hurt, but he did know that the uncomfortable feeling against his chest was worsening gradually. His stomach filled with discomfort and anger immediately.