Epilogue

"Byun Baekhyun."

A handsome male.

The prettiest boy Chanyeol has ever laid eyes on.

His heart still beats madly whenever they meet eyes.

A brat, you could say.

The taller could really look at him and name everything perfect about him, but... it'd take him a while to come up with a flaw. His unnecessary complaints about cucumbers and the way he has a strong passion for the silent treatment—those aren't flaws. They are just a part of his bratty behavior, and Chanyeol loves him for that.

He loves him whole.

He doesn't just love his athletic side,

Or his serious side,

And not just his pretty face.

Baekhyun as a whole is different.

Sure, you can fall in love with one part of him. You can adore his boxy smile and compliments from his kind side but, you wouldn't love all of him if you love one side more than the others.

What about his cranky side?

The one that is always ignoring people, snapping from time to time, and takes charge of those famous death glares.

Or his insecure side?

The one that needs patience, time, and constant reassurance whenever he feels self-conscious.

His pretty eyes and smile are lovely.

But Chanyeol also loves his "bad" sides even more.

Just "Baekhyun" is perfection on its own.

"Park Chanyeol."

Baekhyun wouldn't be able to make a list of all the things he loves and appreciates about the taller. It'd be too long, never-ending.

One thing he does know for sure.

His day always seems lighter, especially his bad days, whenever he sees the taller.

Perhaps it's his height. He's a big friendly giant covering the rain and blowing the clouds away.

Or perhaps he was just the Sun in general, brightening up his day with a smile on his face at all times.

Even on days where the sun can't get rid of the clouds or thunderstorms.

Even when the sun feels tired and wants to let the clouds cover his view.

He stays active and ready for the grumpy dwarf beside him.

Chanyeol will do everything and anything for Baekhyun, and he will never doubt the smallers love and appreciation. Because even if the older isn't as talkative, his actions show more than enough.

On long days where he physically can't work any longer, the smaller drags him to bed to sleep, and by morning his files are magically done.

On frowning days where he doesn't feel like talking or keeps getting annoyed by everything around him, he can't help but smile when he gets a kiss on the forehead and his favorite snacks brought to his desk. The way he sits on his lap and asks him about his day when he sees the taller getting a bit irritated.

They do everything for each other and prioritize their comfort and happiness. They appreciate all the acts done and repay one another with their equal love.

This isn't a cheesy line where they keep saying, "no, I love you more!" because, with them, that just doesn't work.

On days that Baekhyun feels sick, whether mentally or physically, and can't put all his love into their relationship, Chanyeol will put more than 50%. It will be the same the other way around because even on days when they scream at each other over a silly argument, their love meter will always be at 100%.

Their hearts continue to beat for each other, and no conflict will change that. After everything they've been through, there isn't anything worse that will make them rethink their racing hearts or gleaming smiles.

Happy or not, they make each other complete.

"You may now kiss."

Obstacles or not.

Their love stands forever.

It feels so easy to stay in love now that they are together, even though, in the beginning, it was so,

hard to love.

________________