84

The familiar pair walked into the building with a dark yet shining aura. Anyone could tell they were strong, but at the same time, they seemed charming in a way. Their good looks, their enchanting eyes, their rich scent... what did you expect from Rouge?

Daesung fixed his suit as he walked towards the main office. His son walked beside him, his outfit slightly revealing his muscular chest and prominent collarbones. The females stared in delight; just observing their beauty was enough to brighten up their day. Daniel noticed the stares immediately. The self-confidence within him rose even farther up high, passing the clouds that swarmed the tall mountain. He turned to the working ladies and smirked while sending them a wink. Daesung, on the other hand, ignored the lustful stares. He simply showed his left hand whenever he needed to. The silver ring with engraved diamonds sat on his ring finger, displaying to the world that he was married. His wife was his world, so he gave no interest to the thirst full women who glanced at him constantly... he did marry his first love, after all.

"You think Baek missed me?" Daesung turned to his son while raising his brow in confusion. "Daniel... you literally called him every day." The younger grew red from embarrassment. He flapped his hand in front of his face and shook his head nervously.

"That's only because he didn't tell me he was going to leave the country. I physically haven't seen him in two years... you think he grew taller-" Daniel glared at his father the second he felt the hand slap against his head. Daesung looked at the guards in front of the central room and gave them a quick smile.

"You'll find out soon. Now behave." The guards stepped aside, allowing the two males to enter the private area. Daesung's grin brightened as soon as he saw his dear friend scribbling on the files.

"You're still hardworking as ever, kid." Daehyun looked up at him and sighed.

"I'm nearing my thirty's, and you still call me kid?" The close duo shared a warm hug before sitting down once again. Daniel, however, kept looking around, trying to spot the honey-haired boy he truly missed.

"Where's Baek?"

"He couldn't come-" Daniel didn't let him finish. He heard the word 'couldn't' and immediately felt uninterested in the meeting.

"Oh. So he's not here... Alright, I'm going to go then-" Daesung pulled the boy down with a threatening grin.

"I said behave." Daniel folded his arms and began to sulk like a toddler. His father gave him no attention because he was already used to this. He returned his focus towards Daehyun again and ignored his bratty son.

"We came to discuss the new monthly meeting the main gangs want to set up. Are you planning on attending?" The younger shrugged and kept his eyes on his incomplete files.

"I don't really have a choice. I have to attend since the Royals are first in ranking. It'll look irresponsible if I don't show up, and I'd rather put low individuals in their place now than having them run their mouth about me skipping the meeting. Attending might also give me some new trade systems, so that's reassuring." Daesung nodded at the brief explanation. All the top mafia groups were expected to show up. If they chose not to do so, they would get immense backlash from the community. Their gang would seem disrespectful or immature. Attending these meetings was helpful in multiple ways. They allowed the gangs to get to talk about their income system and also create new trading alliances. Presenting yourself at the discussion would also declare your position and show others your power. The negatives of these organizations...

Well, most gangs just didn't get along.

I mean, in a running race, would you help the opponent?