1

Beep

Beep

Beep

The ringing alarm continued to release the tormenting tune until a hand slammed into it. His fingers slowly rose after the button from the alarm sunk back into the ticking clock. He raised his head, his hair pointing in every direction like frozen honey. His puffy eyes were squinting in annoyance as he looked around in distress.

Why is it Monday...

September 15th. 7:26 AM

School started again.

The pillow and mattress were suddenly extremely soft. He couldn't escape the charming bed that was currently seducing him back to sleep. Silence and comforting peace filled the room once again... for a few minutes at least.

"Baekhyun-ah! You're going to be late!"

A muffled groan escaped his lips as he slapped his head against the pillow. He rubbed his face and forced himself out of bed. His body was aching, especially his neck. It felt like he somehow slept with his neck twisted in the most complicated way that matched a hard knot. He slowly made it into the shower before he fell right back into bed. After brushing his teeth and getting clean, he changed into his nice ironed uniform before applying his favorite cologne. He looked into the mirror with a dull and tired expression. He pushed his cheeks up and masked on a smile, slightly cringing at his own reflection.

Gosh. I'm already over school...

Even as a top student who was aiming for a medical career, he still hated school at times. He grabbed his bag beside the door before walking downstairs. He could hear the water faucet run from the kitchen and assumed his mother was washing dishes.

"Mom!" He yelled the second he reached the bottom of the staircase. Baekhyun tiredly walked into the kitchen with slumped shoulders. A sudden weight added onto his back as the older woman pulled him into a hug. He whined at the pinching fingers against his cheeks, but his smile only grew once he observed his mother's features.

At least she slept well.

"Aww, my little baby, are you all ready?" She fixed his uniform with a bright smile. "Yep, what'd you make for breakfast?" He questioned, not really looking around to check for cooked food. He had received his answer once she lowered her head in shame. His hands unconsciously gripped his leather bag; he already knew what she would say next.

"Sorry, I was so worried about your father I forgot about the food. Try to buy something on the way to school..." She handed him twenty dollars with an embarrassed grin. She felt slightly disappointed that her unsettled nerves resulted in waking up late and leaving her son without a proper meal. Baekhyun looked down at the bill with a blank stare. He almost wanted to laugh in distraught, but he kept his composure to respect his mother.

Father huh?

He didn't need the money. Seeing his mother well-rested and smiling was enough to fill him up. He gently placed the money back into his mother's hands with a reassuring smile. "Save the money or go out and treat yourself. I'm not that hungry, so I'll just have an apple." He grabbed the recently washed fruit, tossing it into the air before catching it skillfully. He lifted his bag over his shoulder and leaned down to kiss the olders cheek. "I'll get going now!" A grin replaced her let-down frown as she waved goodbye. Baekhyun tapped his fingers against the doorknob, unsure if his following words would add more stress or relive his mother. "If he comes back, let me know..." She only returned his stern nod with a glassy stare.