• 14

November 12th. 12:08 PM

It felt like time had stopped itself for nearly a week.

It only took them one lunch period to notice the captain's odd behavior. They knew something wasn't right.

Their friends observed how Baekhyun would completely ignore the younger and proceed with his day as if nothing happened. Chanyeol, on the other hand, would be left confused, wondering what was wrong. He was starting to get annoyed and frustrated with the silent treatment he was currently receiving.

Just as things were finally coming together, like a pyramid made of cards, a small wind tumbled it back down with ease. They had found themselves right at the beginning once again.

The smaller entered the cafeteria. He didn't want to deal with the taller or anyone else at the moment. He felt like absolute shit, and the only thing he wanted was to eat in peace. He barely slept and skipped breakfast like usual. Just that this time around, the stress from school and his friends was piling onto his back, causing the stinging pain to increase. His eyes immediately landed on their usual table. He felt relieved when he noticed the taller and a few others were missing. He was planning to drop his bag at the table and then get his food, but...

It seemed like the universe wanted something different.

His steps halted when he heard the annoying laughter surround him. Baek observed the table only to catch an intruder of a student sitting in his usual spot. His seat being taken wasn't the thing that irritated him... it was the insults being thrown at Xiumin.

"You're absolute ass at soccer, so how did you even get on the team?" Baekhyun slowly stepped closer to his invaded spot. He let his feet stop right behind the jealous boy.

"Especially since you're a runner up... did you do the coach a favor or something-" A sudden weight fell onto his body. He turned to see Baekhyun squeezing his shoulder with a bright smile.

"Do you want to repeat that? I couldn't hear that well." The jealous student, for some reason, decided to open his mouth once again. He didn't receive the hint of running away, so he continued to speak like an idiot. His fate hadn't been decided, but with Baekhyun already angry... he could only pray for minimal injuries.

"That he probably only got on the soccer team for pleasuring the coach. Do you have a different opinion?" Baekhyun nodded, his hands nearly shaking from rage.

"Definitely."

"Well, can I hear it?" The baseball captain laughed.

"I'll show you instead."

He socked the boy in the face before kicking him onto the floor. As expected, the cafeteria had silenced itself as everyone began to focus on the fight that had just commenced.

"Baek-" The said boy lifted his hand to stop his friends from intervening.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"A lot. Mind introducing me to a therapist?"

Baek looked down at the drink in the student's hand. He didn't have to be a genius to know what would happen next. The opened juice had flown to his head but fortunately missed. Baekhyun had ducked in time, so his uniform was still dry and clean... whoever was behind, on the other hand, was probably the opposite.

He turned around only to see him with an empty drink in his hand. The flavored liquid dripped down his sweater as he glared at the responsible individual. The jealous student had shivered under the stare of the two angered captains. His plan to run away was useless since Baek held onto his arm with strength. He pointed at Xiumin and tilted his throbbing head.