69

The ambulance was cold and lonely. Baekhyun could see the group of people surrounding him and the long fuzzy blanket thrown onto his shoulders... yet he somehow couldn't feel any warmth. It felt like his temperature had dropped hastily, his body still shivering when the smallest breeze came. A tug came at his shoulder, and he looked at another police officer, or was it a news reporter? The amount of people asking him about what occurred... he wish he knew.

The reporter grabbed Baekhyun by his clean shoulder. His eyes frantic with a journal and pen in hand.

"Byun Baekhyun, after the intruder attacked, were you able to see his face-" The nurse pushed the man away when he was getting too close to the patient. She shook her head, lifting her arms to show the reporter the needle and thread. Her hands had purple gloves wrapped around her fingers, cotton balls filled with blood next to her thighs.

"Sir. You can ask questions later. Allow me to finish his stitches, please." The man clicked his tongue before leaving. Finally, the injured student could get his wounds fixed. The nurse picked up the cotton ball, swabbing it across the injury with some alcohol. The first thing she prioritized was to make the wound clean before stitching it up. It would be a big issue if the opening got infected and was stitched while still dirty.

Baekhyun bit his lip once the stinging sensation ran up his arm. He could feel the apologetic gaze the nurse gave him before returning to her job. His fingers fell to his side, trying to grab the wall or hold onto something. His cold fingers touched the clear wall; his hand slipped as the needle dug into his skin. He looked down at his thighs, clenching his fist with terrified eyes. He closed them and chewed on his tongue, trying to distract his mind from the burning pain.

Right when the needle went back inside to close the wound, Baek felt a warm hand grab his. He looked up and smiled for a few seconds. The last stitch made him squirm and purse his lips together. The newcomer's hand made him feel reassured that everything was alright. His low body temperature slowly began to rise. He felt the last cotton ball run across his wound. The nurse cut the string before throwing out all of the bloody wipes.

"You're all done. Good job dealing with the pain." Baekhyun nodded, a silent sigh leaving his lips. He looked at his shoulder and winced. This was much worse compared to all the bruises his stepfather has given him. Even the dark purple ones never hurt that bad... he was about to stand, but the nurse quickly stopped him. She shook her head and gave him a few extra wipes.

"Have someone help you. You lost a good amount of blood, so you may feel dizzy. The supplements we gave you should go into effect soon, so please be careful. Make sure to keep the wound clean for a few weeks. When it's healed, you can go to the hospital and get them removed." Baekhyun nodded and held onto the warm person. He leaned on him with a soft grin. He lifted himself out of the ambulance and bowed to the helpful nurse. To his surprise, she handed him a few lollipops and waved goodbye. He blinked a few times as he looked at the treats in his hand.

Candy?

"I guess they still see you as a kid." Baekhyun turned to look at him and stopped his steps. He fell into his brother's arms and sighed at the sudden heat. Daehyun widened his eyes, feeling the cold fingerprints against his arm. He wrapped his hands around the smaller, making sure he didn't touch the fresh wound. Baekhyun felt his eyes slowly close; he felt so tired after drinking the medicine in the ambulance. He was about to drift off until he heard a loud voice interrupt him.

"Mr. Byun! We have some questions about the shooting that occurred. Is this your lover, perhaps? Can he answer our questions as well-" Daehyun raised his hand, stopping the multiple reporters who suddenly appeared. He looked at his sleepy brother before glaring at the nosy individuals.