42

Baekhyun froze in his spot. He didn't know if he was hallucinating. Maybe he had heard wrong.

"What?" He turned to look at his best friend, who raised his brow slightly confused.

"Your step-father? How is he?" Baekhyun grit his teeth and looked down in shame.

How the fuck does he know about Seonjin?

"What are you talking about, Lu?" He smiled with a fake laugh. He was hoping the older would just drop the conversation, but his wishes were not granted.

"Don't you have a step-dad?" Luhan got closer with suspicion in his eyes. Why was Baek so tense?

"Nope, where'd you hear that from?" He tilted his head, trying his best to contain his anger.

"I heard Taehyung say something about your step-father? You know you don't have to lie-" Luhan got cut off when the younger had finally looked up. Baekhyun showed him a big smile, annoyance dripping out of his pores. He knew the truth would reveal itself at one point, but that wasn't what kept bothering him. It was the glint in the olders eye... it was full of pity. Something Baekhyun completely hated.

"Luhan?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't get in my business."

His voice was bitter, and he turned around to walk away. He didn't want to fight with Luhan over this. In general, he just didn't want to talk about his stepfather at all. A hand grabbed his wrist, stopping him from moving any further.

"Baek, I'm trying to help you. Why do you keep lying to me?" Voices were heard in the distance. The rest of the baseball team was starting to enter the locker room. The last thing he wanted was for the whole team to know about his family.

"I don't need help." He grit his teeth and tried pulling his hand away before the rest of the team saw them. Luhan held his stance and tightened his hold on the slightly bruised wrist.

"Woah Woah Woah! What's the matter here?" Luhan turned to see the confused faces but quickly averted his attention back to the younger.

"Baekhyun, listen. I'm really trying to help-"

"Well, you're not fixing anything, so just stop trying." Baekhyun glared at him and pulled away with strength. He rubbed his irritated skin, visibly annoyed.

"Baek, calm down-" Chanyeol approached him, but the smaller looked down at his ringing phone.

I'm late, fuck...

He rapidly grabbed his bag before sprinting out of the locker room. He was 10 minutes late. His driver would obviously be worried.

"Baek!"

He didn't turn to face them; it wouldn't benefit him at all. He ran to the front of the school staring at the shiny black car.

"Sir, I was just about to aware, boss-" Baekhyun got inside the car and shook his head.

"Please just take me home." The driver nodded and began to drive. His mood shifted to worry as he stared at the youngers' agitated face. Baekhyun sighed and stared at the window.

If he finds out any more information, I'm fucked...

---------------------

"Why'd you guys fight?" Ten asked, slowly approaching the older so he wouldn't disturb him any further.

"It's... nothing." Luhan grabbed his stuff and left the room, ignoring all the stares he got. He strolled to his house, checking his phone here and then, questioning if he should text Baekhyun.