103

"The company is under control now. Most of the intruders were dead when the guards found them. They likely poisoned themselves right after being ambushed. But, we luckily caught one before he could break the capsule." Chris let out a loud sigh as he ran his fingers through his black hair. He anxiously tapped his foot against the floor; he could feel the nerves inside of him deepen as all the adverse outcomes began to consume his mind.

"We need to figure out who is doing this... whoever it is was smart enough to take Aella down and invade both of our territories without being discovered." Rin and Daniel glanced at each other, wondering who would speak up next. Just as Daniel was about to share his own thoughts, the white-haired boy spoke up instead.

"I know who it is." He bluntly said while playing with the strings of his mask. They stared at the boy waiting for him to continue but, Baekhyun stayed silent while fiddling with his fingers. They blinked and peeked at each other in confusion before rushing towards the underboss.

"What do you mean, you know?!" Baek looked up with a stunned face. He tilted his head, and his lips automatically formed their familiar pout as he began to think. He nodded his head and opened his palm. They all looked down at the USB in his hold.

"There's only one person who knows about this, and he's the only person who has attempted to steal it." He noticed the group tense up before returning to their seats in doubt. Rin rubbed his face in irritation as he stared down at the floor.

"The Serpents, huh? What a bother..." Baekhyun nodded in agreement before observing the USB. It was still in perfect shape, and the design on the cover was still imprinted onto the hard case. The dark, beautiful tint mixed wonderfully with the bright crown in the center. Baekhyun knew precisely who was after the secret documents. He automatically knew after being reminded of the incidents that occurred in the past

"Baekhyun, go with mama. She's going to take you and your brother to Heechuls house, okay?" The toddler's lips formed a frown as his eyes proceeded to water. He shook his head reluctantly and held onto his father's leg with his tiny hands. Joonwoo bit his lip, trying to keep in the curses that nearly escaped his tongue. He heard another thrash at the window and grabbed his youngest son before bolting to the back door. He watched as Areum quietly placed Daehyun in the vehicle; the older boy was bewildered and worried at the events taking place.

"Baekhyun. Please go to your mother." Joonwoo let out a relinquished sigh as he carefully placed the USB into the small hands. The toddler stared down at the device in confusion. He nearly dropped it while trying to take a closer look. His father ruffled his hair with a small smile.

"This is Papas heart, okay? Protect it." His honey eyes shimmered as he looked down at his father's "heart." He gave it a kiss and hugged it tightly before nodding his head with a determined stare. Joonwoo lightly pushed Baekhyun in the direction of the vehicle. He rose with a gun in hand as he leaned against the door, protecting his family first. He gave Areum a thumbs up, letting his wife know that it was safe to leave. He raised his hand as footsteps neared the back door. Heavy stomps and harsh breathing could be heard, which confused Joonwoo. He quickly opened the door and raised his gun to the intruder. He was shocked to come face to face with his younger brother. Kyung-gu wiped the blood off his cheek with a distressed smile.

"Did you notice the suspicious men inside the house?" Joonwoo chuckled at the foolish question and pulled his brother outside. He pushed the younger behind him and continued to check the kitchen to see if anyone had entered the other rooms.

"What did you get yourself into now?" Kyung-gu sweatdropped as he heard a gunshot echo in the house. He turned to the car to see his nephews wearing a pair of headphones as Areum put on their favorite movie. His lip nearly trembled when he turned back to face his brother.