99

"Young master-"

"Where is she?" He removed his mask, feeling suffocated by his own hurried breaths. The guards hesitantly pointed at the room to the far left. The hospital was quiet, the sound of nurses clicking on their keyboards and the occasional rolling of the moving trays. Baekhyun rushed to the room, making sure to knock twice before entering. He felt sick to his stomach the second he saw the oxygen mask and tubes connected to her arm. Her left eye was bandaged along with her neck and right leg.

"She doesn't look well, but trust me, she'll be fine." He turned to the deep voice and felt a flood of reassurance fill him.

"Joshua." The older male ruffled his hair and gave him a kind smile. He passed Baek the file of papers that went into detail on Aella's current position. Joshua was the owner of the hospital and one of the leading doctors, but... he was still part of the gang. He had become a personal doctor for the Royals when he fell into a huge debt. The team helped him get out of his issues and earn a lot of money while working as their medic. Ever since then, Joshua pledged to continue being the Royals doctor even when owning his hospital. He was a responsible man now, and the gang still treated him like family.

Baekhyun was happy to see the familiar male, but... he couldn't help but worry as he observed Aella's unconscious state. Judging by Andrews fidgeting hands, he could assume that the boy was also stressed about her condition. The older lightly tapped the pen against his lips before turning to the white-haired male.

"She has a cut on the left side of her face. We don't know if the impact affected her sight, but that will be determined when she wakes up. It may only scar the skin around her eye, which is good. She didn't have any internal organs damaged. Luckily no cuts or shots were around her abdomen or chest area. She only got shot in her right leg, and she lost a lot of blood which might explain her delayed awake." Baekhyun sat beside the girl with a worried stare. His teeth gripped onto his bottom lip as he held her warm hands with his cold ones.

"How did they even attack her?" Joshua let out a hurried sigh and continued to tap the black pen against his lip.

"She might have put up a fight the first few minutes, but... we found some diphenhydramine in her system. Whoever is targeting us must have put her to sleep, but, oddly, they didn't take her. Then again, guards were surrounding the building's perimeter, so that might have been too obvious. They could have used her as a warning symbol, possibly a threat towards us." He watched the younger dig his hands into his soft hair with an anxious mind. Baek had so many things to do at the moment. Make sure Aella is fine, upgrade the security in the company, check for any rats in the gang, figure out who is targeting them, and-

Brrr!

He stared down at his phone and quickly answered the call. Daniel's voice was frantic as he found himself in an alarming situation.

"Baek, we just finished killing some guys that tried to attack us. They tried to invade the company and also steal some of our private files-"

"They're bound to hit the Royals next. I'm on my way to the company. Meet me at the hotel in an hour." He hung the call and immediately notified his driver about his next drive. His leg rapidly shook as he felt nerves hike up his throat.

They can't get a hold of the private documents.

—————————————————————

Chanyeol looked at the white-haired male exit the room, his eyes dull with no emotion. He was shocked to see such a stare from the boy. His usual cold look was playful, and at times it even softened, especially when the boy was laughing. But this time around, his gaze seemed extremely serious. Even when they first met, Chanyeol had never seen his stare appear that deadly. He couldn't help the trembles that slid down his back. The icy orbs carried no emotion, but they were still so frightening and full of hate. It was almost like the boy had switched entirely to a different person. But who was he to say that? He barely knew Achlys...

His feet moved on their own. They pulled towards the mysterious boy, slightly stepping towards the door. The worry and concern surged through him instantly.

"Is everything alright?" Daehyun didn't feel like answering the boy. He just let the stressed exhale leave his lips as he walked to his desk. He ignored the stares he got and took out the essential files regarding the trading system in their international corporations. He passed the document to Adrien and gave him a knowing look. The younger understood immediately. He nodded and left the room with the thick set of papers.

"If there is an issue, we can provide assistance-" Daehyun shot him a glare. His hazel-like orbs shared the same aura as Achlys's. His eyes were darkened as if he were filled with rage.

"Worry about your own affairs."

"Chanyeol?"

The taller turned to the older with a raised brow. He waited for the boy to speak while looking out the night sky. The city was filled with colorful lights, and many foreigners were passing the street markets.

"Are you sure this is the right decision?"

Here they were. Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, and Kai. All four present in the new setting of Japan. Chan wasn't one to ignore his gut feeling. If he senses something approaching, he will act on it no matter who tries to stop him. He hummed while nodding his head in response. His fingers played with the shining necklace against his chest.

"I feel like...

Something dreadful is bound to happen."

———————