73

The whispering that echoed in the hallway, the frightened stares, and trembles... Baekhyun could see it all. He walked with a blank look to the cafeteria, his head filled with nothing but negative thoughts. He sat down at the table with no food in front of him. Daniel turned to him with a worried expression. He knew the older was mentally unstable at the moment, and he did look normal, but he felt so cold.

"Do you want to share? I got your favorites." He sat next to the smaller who didn't reply. Baek just stared at the table like a lifeless corpse. He hated this. He wanted to run away or perhaps start over. Become a new person that doesn't have to carry all of this guilt. He would constantly think about the Mafia; he felt like a fool for agreeing to be a part of the gang. It has only brought him misfortune... it has only brought death.

Daehyun was planning on getting his brother out of school, but for some reason, Baekhyun just couldn't leave. He felt so attached. Or maybe that wasn't the case... perhaps he was just waiting for a certain someone to save him from all his worries. He waited and waited, but no one came. He dug his nails into his red palm and closed his eyes. He could still hear the not so silent whispering, and he could definitely feel the glares he was receiving.

The Prince Charming always went to save his princess on the deadly tower. It didn't matter what dangers were seen. He would go through every obstacle to reach his loved one. Baekhyun wanted to laugh, but he didn't feel like physically moving.

I guess not all Princes get to save their other half...

Gasps and rattles could be heard when Baekhyun got pushed out of his seat. An angry male held him right by the collar, his ears reddening as he continued to be filled with anger.

"You did this, right? Why the fuck was that guy calling out your name? Do you know him or something? He almost killed my girlfriend. That stupid friend of yours made this happen!" Baekhyun looked at him, shocking the aggravated student. For once, the cheerful baseball captain that always gave comforting words seemed utterly broken. His gaze didn't have a sparkle, his lips formed a straight line, and the bags under his eyes could prove the boy was not getting enough sleep. But who could rest peacefully after everything that has happened?

The pitcher from the baseball game was still severely injured, and two students were currently in the hospital after being shot by the intruder—the terrifying scenes replayed in his head one by one. When the final clip ended, the first one appeared again like an endless loop. How could he be cheerful when shame was rushing through his veins? He couldn't even fake a smile anymore... that's how pathetic he was.

"Dude, back the fuck off." Daniel got up, shoving the guy away. He put the smaller to the side before approaching the student again. He felt a smirk tug on his lips as he stared at the angered boy.

"I was talking to him-"

"Yeah, well, now you're talking to me." Daniel stepped closer with his hands on his back. He laughed when the guy in front of him leaned in aggressively, he was trying to scare him. Daniel only smiled; he could easily kill this kid, but... right now would be a bit too obvious.

"You're pissing me off."

"Awwww. Want me to take you on a walk or something?"

Before the fist could make contact with his face, he gripped on the hand and ducked his head. The guy lost his balance giving Daniel plenty of time to kick him to the floor. He crouched to the fallen student and grinned.

"If you ever get near him again... I won't hesitate to kill you." Daniel chucked at the apparent fear in his face. He got up and turned to look at Baek, but... the smaller was gone? He sighed and turned to his brother, who was currently laughing at a video on his phone. He shook his head in disappointment before looking at the cafeteria entrance. Daniel stared at the slightly open doors, and he could feel himself begin to worry.