113

"..."

"..."

It was quiet and a bit awkward now that they were sitting in front of each other. Baekhyun pressed his hands onto the bed and stared at Chanyeol with a curious gaze. Chanyeol stayed focused on his hands with a slightly staggered breath. The intense and suffocating atmosphere was pressing on his chest with a hard and sharp nail. They were both getting tired of the awkward silence. They both wanted to talk to each other like back then but doing it now after they've matured and realized their mistakes, they've held back their tongues, not sure of how to start.

"Should we-"

"Look, I'm-"

They stare at each other surprised to hear the other's voice. Baek signals him to continue, but Chanyeol waves his hands, unsure.

"You can start-"

"No, no, you go."

"Seriously, you spoke first."

"It's fine you can go-"

"Chanyeol, just fucking start."

The taller looked up with widened eyes while the smaller smiled a bit aggressively. He cleared his throat and sighed, a bit reluctant to begin this conversation.

"Fine. Should we do this in questions? Just ask what we want to know while the other responds... Truthfully correct?" Baekhyun nodded to all his questions in one go. He waited for Chanyeol to begin, slowly thinking of his own questions.

"Why did you choose to run away, and why to Daehyun?"

Baekhyun inhaled a sharp breath.

What a way to start...

He tapped his tongue on the roof of his mouth before answering. "Daehyun was already planning on moving or taking me to a different school. The whole situation with that... man, just accelerated my leave. I knew it was hyung in that car, and he was the one that would help me leave. I didn't want to stay. Even though it hurt, I didn't trust you guys anymore, and staying with you would have only hurt me more. So I left with hyung since I knew he wouldn't hurt me and would do as I wish." Chanyeol raised a brow. He took in his words without harsh feelings and nodded at his direct and honest response. "And your uncle? Why didn't you go to him instead?" Baekhyun tilted his head a bit confused, but he soon understood why the taller was asking such questions. "I did. I was with my uncle and brother. I went to Los Angeles and stayed there for about two years. I was alone during my time in the States, but my hyungs and the gang did visit me a few times." Chanyeol finally caught the word he needed to clear up the first misunderstanding.

"So Daehyun is your older brother?"

Baekhyun nodded. "I always told everyone I was a single child because I was told my brother passed away when I was very young. Truth be told, he is very much alive and was just commencing his mafia training in Japan. He only revealed himself two years ago, when I turned of age to take over the throne." Chanyeol nods a lot more understanding of the situation Baekhyun was in. He was happy to know Baek was with his family and people who cared for him instead of just some stranger. He opened his mouth once again, but Baekhyun lifted his hand with a slight stare.

"I haven't asked a question yet... how did you get into this industry?"

This was the obvious question he was waiting for, so Chan wasn't too surprised to hear it.

"My father, Park Sejoon, retired and handed me his position after protecting me and the rest for a year. After you left, a few gangs tried to come after us to get information on the golden prize. My father helped us fight back and hide until he retired once my mother fell sick."