110

He shot his head in the direction of the deep voice. His lips stretched upwards as he saw the familiar face. His eyes scanned his body in worry, and he sighed once seeing no injuries or discomfort present. He pulled his brother into a tight hug and exhaled once again, relieved that his brother was safe and sound right beside him.

"Where have you been? I couldn't contact you at all!" Daehyun laughed at the noticeable pout that could be envisioned through the concerned voice. He ruffled the white hair and smiled. "It's a long story. I should tell you and the rest together..." His sentence began to trail off his tongue as he gripped onto the smallers shoulder and held his hand tightly. He gently swayed his hand just a bit to comfort the trembling boy who seemed to be holding his tears behind those bloodshot eyes.

"You've done an amazing job."

Those words never fail to comfort Baekhyun. His heart warms up at the reassuring message while his cheeks redden. He was doing great. That's all he wanted to hear. He wanted the validation he barely received. He wanted to listen to the words he barely heard growing up.

Daehyuns grip tightened, which caught the youngers attention. He glanced towards the trembling hand before looking back up and meeting eyes with the taller.

"You handled all of this on your own, and I know you weren't prepared to face them this way, but... I'd appreciate it if you could join us all back home." He said some words louder than the rest to accentuate their importance and meaning. He wanted his brother to understand what he meant by all of them going back home. His tongue nervously tapped onto the roof of his mouth, slithering uncomfortably as he waited for the stressful answer. Seconds felt like years as Baekhyun slowly nodded his head at the odd suggestion. But he agreed nonetheless; what his brother wanted mattered the most. He could never disagree or go against him, not after this whole mess.

"I want to stay with you—Heechul and Estelle- and the rest of the gang too. I just- I just don't want to be apart anymore. At least for now." He tightened his grip on his brother's suit and waited for his brother's quick answer. Daehyun knew his family was the priority here. He didn't have to think twice about Baekhyuns wants because it was his little brother who was asking for it. "Whatever makes you the most comfortable." He held out the hoodie above his shoulder and handed it to the younger who's eyes did not shine. "Put it on for the meantime. When we get back to the house, you can wash up." Baekhyun didn't have to think twice. He thanked his brother for the kind action and slipped the fabric on.

This was much better.

His sticky and dirty arms weren't on display, and his dark shirt didn't have scarlet stains.

Daehyun moved to the side to discuss the other's arrival. Elizabeth and Jake both nodded their heads towards Baek with reassuring smiles before focusing on their boss. Baekhyun smiled a bit. His family was coming together. His family...

He shook his head and walked back into the living room to find Estelle waiting for him. Her cheeks rose, and her teeth showed with the way she smiled so bright as soon as she saw the older enter the room. She ran up to him, ignoring Heechul, who continuously called her name and the "scary" men with hydrangea tattoos along their forearms. She threw her hands up, waiting for Baekhyun to sweep her off the floor and hold her now that he was "changed." Baekhyun did so precisely. He didn't mind touching the innocent girl now that his dirty markings were covered. He picked her up without delay and smiled at the giggling toddler.

"The arcade! When will we go back?" Baekhyun hummed, a bit surprised by how smooth and clear the girl could talk. "In a few days, you can go with Heechul-hyung. Daehyun and I are both busy, so we won't be able to accompany you." She pressed her chin against his shoulder and shook her head. She hugged him tight, afraid the older would disappear and hopeful that her small hug could possibly halt the nearing tears in his red eyes.