106

He kept remembering the hydrangea. The pale blue with splattered red. The falling pedals. Why was everything going wrong? Baekhyun covered his face with his hands, his elbows pressing against his knees, probably leaving red marks from the pressure. He nearly winced at the thoughts in his head. His stomach was uncomfortably closing itself, shrinking in size at his sudden discomfort and nausea. It felt like he hadn't eaten all day, as if he were starving himself like he used to back then. His throat was suddenly dry, and his excessive gulping only agitated his soreness. He was probably shaking right now, but he couldn't really tell. With everything on his mind, he couldn't care less about crying in front of his best friend.

Blue blood...

Blue blood...

They wouldn't do this. I know them, I-

Did he know them?

After disappearing two years ago, was he allowed to say that he knows them?

He didn't know what they were thinking, how they would act, what they would do in a situation like this-

He didn't know them.

People change. Two years is a long time, not the longest, but it's enough for someone to change. Baekhyun knew that. Staring at the mirror, he knew that. He didn't know if he should be disappointed or glad at the sudden realization. This was what he wanted. He wanted to forget them, act like a stranger, live his life away from them. But now that he was conflicted about their suspected actions, he felt his empty stomach clench again. He felt weird. Weird to think or say that he didn't know his frien-

That's right.

They weren't his friends.

Not anymore.

Not ever since two years ago. When he made the decision of running away instead of choosing them- but even if they weren't his friends, would a stranger hurt him this bad? Would a group of strangers make him doubt their painful actions in moments like this?

The Royals and Blue Blood aren't allied, but... they're acquaintances. They wouldn't do this. Baek knows they wouldn't. But what if they know it's him? What if this was always their plan? To joke around with him for fucking fun just to gain power in this industry-

They wouldn't.

At least, that's what Baekhyun wants to think.

"Baek... I know you aren't okay. Can you please tal-"

"Blue blood. They might be involved with the Serpents. I feel like it's a misunderstanding, though. I just- I don't know if I should trust my gut or rely on the evidence that there is but- I feel like this isn't right. This might be a setup, or maybe they aren't telling us about their other allied teams. I want to trust them, but- I just-" He continued to stutter with his words, unsure of how to express his confusion and overwhelming stress. His eyes were burning, and he kept touching his earrings in hopes of calming down. Daniel just stared. He wasn't sure if interrupting the boy was the best option. He wanted to wait until the older was done but, his rambling and trembles only made him even more anxious.

"What if they hurt them?! Heechul and Estelle are missing, and there was a hydrangea left behind. Dani, the place was a mess. This doesn't feel right-"

His words halted when he felt the hands on his cheeks. He was pulled forward with a gasp, and his hands automatically reached for the male's wrist in an attempt to balance his unsteadiness. Daniel held him closely for a few seconds, smiling when the shaking boy slowly began to calm down. He gently caressed his cheeks without breaking eye contact with the teary eyes before him.