70

TW: Blood

Bang!

The guy falls to the floor with a bullet in his chest. Everyone freezes at the sight and stares at Baekhyun with hatred. The boy turns to them with tears in his eyes, shaking his head.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't-"

He stopped when he saw his friends look at him with pure disgust in their eyes.

"It's all your fault. You did this to us."

Bang!

Bang!

He closed his eyes at the new gunshots and stared at his friends in fear. He saw the wounds they now had surrounding their body. He did this... it was his fault.

"You keep putting us in danger, Baek-" Chanyeol coughed up a large amount of blood before falling to the ground. His eyes were open. The glow had escaped from them. He was on the field lifeless. Baekhyun looked around and saw the crowd was gone. Only blood and extra bullets were left behind.

"I'm sorry-"

"Apologies won't bring back the dead-"

Baekhyun rose up, his hand immediately going towards his chest. His breathing worsened as each nightmare increased in time. Usually, he would wake up immediately after a bad dream, but this time it was like something was keeping him in there. He had no option but to stay frozen in the terrifying nightmare. His lungs grasped air before deflating once again. Baek held his hands together and closed his eyes before breathing in. He exhaled and repeated the process until he could finally breathe normally. He noticed the sheets of his blanket had the shining ray of light coming from the window. He sighed, feeling somewhat relieved that he had woken up when the sun was already out. He would usually wake up during the middle of the night, which would only lead to no sleep. Sometimes, if he got lucky... his eyes would sting a lot from all the crying. He would slowly fall back to his short rest with swollen eyes.

The door opened after three knocks were heard. Daehyun came in with a smile on his face, his hair slicked back and his expensive suit covering his body. He ruffled the younger boy's hair and checked his watch before smirking at his brother.

"Want to skip class today too?" It had already been two days since the incident had occurred. Daehyun decided Baekhyun should rest after the whole commotion. The school agreed and allowed Baekhyun to come back whenever he was ready, although two or three days was enough for him. The shorter nodded his head before lifting his arms to release a long yawn. He could hear the air gaps in his bones swift making the loud cracking sounds that echoed through the room. Daehyun smiled and turned to the door spotting a peeping head, accompanied with a pair of worried eyes.

"I have a meeting in an hour. I should be done by 12. In the meantime, a friend of yours wants to spend time with you."

Baekhyun averted his attention to the door and smiled when he saw Daniel rush in with a frown.

"Hyung! Are you feeling better? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Does your wound hurt? Did they give you any medicine to numb the pain? I can go buy some-" Daehyun slapped his head with one hand while the other pulled him back.