118

This wasn't the way Baekhyun wanted to spend Xiumins birthday. He had organized and bought a few gifts for the boy ahead of time to make sure the older had a blast but, here he was arguing with Chanyeol because the taller couldn't comprehend his mistakes.

"Chanyeol, you put yourself in unnecessary danger. What's so hard to understand?"

"I did it for you-"

"It was still unnecessary."

Chanyeol sighed and took a small step forward, and like usual, Baekhyun stayed put.

"I just wanted to get us out of that situation-"

"What makes you think you're capable of handling issues like that? You pushed me back when I'm the trained one here. You aren't educated enough on situations like this, and it's quite obvious since you can't highlight the problem with all of this." He shook his head and played with the strings of his mask. He calmly removed the piece of cloth, annoyed by the fabric getting stuck on his earrings and dropping down his nose. He didn't look up to meet Chanyeols eyes, but he knew his words were hurtful in their own way. But the taller had to hear this. He couldn't continue acting so recklessly... it would only lead him to death, and a harrowing one.

"I understand you were trying to help me but, it was reckless and unnecessary. I had the issue under control, and I would've killed the man immediately if I would've left the closet earlier-"

"Under control? You would've been poisoned if you would've left the closet-"

"Do you think I'm that stupid? I know my chemicals well, and I have antidotes for all my poisons. After being around them for two years straight, it's almost like you become immune. So watch your mouth. You almost caused a shit show, and that's the end of the story." He shifted to the side to press the elevator button, but Chanyeol followed his steps. "You're acting as if you haven't made mistakes before. I'm learning as I go, and that's what matters." Baekhyun blinked unimpressed and shooed the boy away. "Well, your learning technique sucks ass. You'll die eventually with all those airhead moves." Chanyeol took another step forward, and this time Baek leaned against the wall to look him straight in the eye. His eyes were so pretty. Dark brown and big curved orbs-

What the fuck-

He internally shook his head and held in the heat that threatened to rise on his cheeks. He couldn't look away. He'd look weak. And one thing is for sure.

When it comes to the both of them,

Baekhyun will never lower his stance to the weaker side.

Their eyes stayed directly towards each other, and the intensity grew rapidly. The elevator almost felt hot, and the air was slightly thick. If this continued, they would only become intoxicated in their own tension. Chanyeol kept his stare on the older without worry. His eyes trailed down his body and back up, pausing a few seconds for the revealed collarbones beneath the velvet suit.

How pretty.

Baekhyun wanted to look away, and he felt so intimidated by the harsh stare but, he couldn't. He couldn't back down.

"Baekhyun. If you haven't realized already, I will risk my fucking life for you. You don't need to worry about me or my decisions because I think them all through. I didn't join the gang to gain power. I did it all for you. I searched and spent two years looking for you, not for funs and giggles. I wanted to be with you. When I said I would try again and again if we didn't work out, Baek I-" He wasn't surprised his eyes were getting a bit watery. The smaller felt his heart sink at the sight of his anxious frown. His hands trembled worriedly, and he slightly leaned in, wanting to pull the boy in for a warm hug as he continued to stutter.