46

"Papa! Papa!" The little boy ran on his tiny legs towards his smiling father.

"Ahh, look at my boy! Already running!" He ruffled his hair proudly.

"Papa, look at what I drew!" His eldest son left the kitchen showing his father his messy drawing. His father loved it, though. He didn't care if it was untidy or ugly to others. He thought it was absolutely beautiful. He stared at the paper with a delighted smile.

Four stick figures.

'Papa, Mama, Baekkie, Me'

He smiled at the drawing.

"Well done, Daehyun! I'm sure we could display this in a museum, and many would buy it." His son lifted his head with a cocky smirk.

"I agree! I will be a famous artist. Daehyun Davinchi!" His father shook his head with a chuckle.

"Drawing! Drawing!" Little Baekhyun took the paper and hugged it.

"Love! Love!" Daehyung looked at his brother, giggling.

"Ahhh, Baekkie!" He engulfed his brother in a tight hug.

Their father smiled lovingly. He loved how instead of fighting, his two boys got along amazingly well. They never fought. Daehyun always took care of Baekhyun; they showed brotherly affection for each other.

"Honey, come help me with the dinner!" He heard his wife yell.

"I'm coming!"

---------------------

"I'm Daehyun."

Baekhyuns eyes widened.

Daehyun?

Like...

No, no, no. Mom said he died from a heart attack...

He remembered the day clearing. It was a few days after his discharge from the hospital. The sun was slowly setting as he sat on the couch with his dinosaur toys. His mother cleaned up his mess, placing his thrown toys in the colorful box.

"Mama? Where's Daehyunnie?" His mother froze at his words and slowly turned to him with a smile.

"Ahh, your brother is getting medical care. He was suffering from a heart impact... I'm sure he'll be fine." Baekhyun frowned, gripping the toy dinosaur. They were supposed to finish their game...

"When Daehyunnie gets better, we can finish our dinosaur battle!" Baekhyun cheered, making his mother smile sadly.

He waited for his brother to return.

Days passed.

Months passed.

Years passed.

He held the dinosaur toys, still waiting for his brother. He was sure his brother would come back. His brother was a fighter. He wouldn't leave Baekkie all alone. Yeah... he wouldn't leave his brother by himself! Right?

Years and years went by...

The dinosaur toys were now filled with dust lying in the colorful box.