56

The moon shined against the dark sky. Tiny droplets slid down the clear window. Daniel opened his eyes with a loud groan. He couldn't sleep. His mind kept averting to the mission. For some reason, he was scared. He feared he'd get caught.

"I can't believe I got in trouble for helping a classmate." Daniel kicked the door open with slight frustration.

"Like that makes no sense! Isn't helping someone a good thing." He sat on the bench, making sure there were no bugs by the flowers. The sun was scorching hot, but Daniel wanted to scream, and he would get in trouble if he did it inside.

"Daniel... you do realize you were helping someone during a test, right?" Baekhyun sat beside him while chuckling.

"Ms. Jung didn't say I couldn't help a classmate." Baek looked at his friend's test score. A big fat zero was written with a red pen. The older couldn't help but laugh.

"Because it's common logic to not talk during a test." Daniel sighed and looked at the scenery around them. The pretty colors of the blooming flowers caught his eye. But a suspicious-looking man had to ruin his moment. He stared at the man from his peripheral vision. He was near the gate. Since he was by the fenced area, he was able to hear the pair because it was only them outside. He needed to act, and it needed to be quick.

"So how about you come to my house and study?" Daniel remembered the orders he was instructed by Bullets. He had to court Baek in order to kidnap him. Baekhyun was taken back by the sudden flirting. He was about to curse Daniel out, but he heard the taller whisper.

"There's a man watching us. Just go with the act and reject me." He scooted closer, his hand falling down to his thigh.

"Umm. I can't this week. I'm busy with practice and class. Maybe another time?" Baekhyun scratched his head awkwardly. Daniel gave him a pout before sighing.

"It's alright. Whenever you're free, we have to hang out!" The older nodded with a small smile. He checked his watch. They had 15 minutes before their free period ended. They could stay outside, but... Baekhyun preferred not being watched.

"Come-on. We're going to be late to class." Baekhyun grabbed his hand and dragged him back inside the school. The outside door finally closed, and they were no longer being watched.

"Quick thinking. Thanks." Daniel peeked through the window; the suspicious man had begun to walk away. He recognized him. The man was one of the seekers from the street gang. Seekers would usually watch suspects or check on other members to make sure they're doing their job and not betraying the gang. He forgot the man's name... Sooyoung? Or was it Doyoung? Daniel never paid attention to the team. He was simply a spy acting like their friend.

Grabbing his pillow, he let out a muffled scream burying his head even deeper.

I have to be more careful.

If I mess up, I won't be able to spy on them anymore...

With the mission in mind, he wonders why Baekhyun is going to become a gang leader. He remembers how the older couldn't even hold a gun or kill someone. The boy was too kind and sensitive to become a mafia leader.

"Hyung is definitely not prepared for a position like that..."

---------------------