89

Click.

Click.

He let out a loud sigh. The sound of the mouse was starting to annoy him. He removed all his computer applications and shut down the device before getting up to stretch. More than a week had passed since the monthly meeting, and Baek was filled with work. He had to check the company's products and organize all the drugs that had recently been imported. The events that took place in the meeting were still on his mind, but...

With all this work? He barely had time to think about anything else.

He stared at his computer with a bitter taste on his tongue. He had to finish up the reports on the received items he had already checked but, he was bored of typing the analytical observations. His feet slipped into his soft slippers as he exited his dull room. His eyes quickly squinted with a brief sting that appeared. His room was obviously too dark in comparison to the rest of the house. Baekhyun softly rubbed his tired eyes and walked to the kitchen with slumped shoulders. His ears twitched at the sudden laughter that interrupted his peaceful silence. He looked up at the giggling pair and waved.

"Good morning!" The girl respectfully greeted before pushing the chair beside her. Baek could only smile at the cheerful Estelle. She looked adorable with her pigtails and new dress; calling her a princess would be an understatement-

"Are you going out?" Her voice was calm as she turned her attention to the white-haired male. Baek grinned, her words being put to pause for a moment. He fixed her loose strands and felt sudden warmth when she had spoken so carefree with him. She had started to talk to him a lot more, and he didn't mind at all. He enjoyed her company. She would practice her new phrases and learning skills with the older, while Baek himself would improve his social skills by communicating with the talkative toddler. He gave her a simple nod before turning to his left-out uncle.

"Are you going to the company later?" Baekhyun sighed and checked his watch. The extremely quiet ticks entered his ears as he brought his hand closer.

11:04 AM

"I have to attend a meeting with Daehyun. It ranges from 12 to 3, so I need to get ready." Baekhyun raised a brow as he watched Estelle form a saddened pout. Heechul smiled at the girl's cuteness and got up to grab a packet of juice boxes.

"Estelle wanted to go to the arcade. I thought you were free today, so I was planning on inviting you." Baekhyun hummed. His eyes and hands reacted quickly when a juice box came rushing towards his face. He gripped the drink with a glare but, nonetheless, he took out the plastic straw and stabbed it into the grey opening. Estelle watched him carefully before quietly following his movements.

"You'll probably stay there for a while. My meeting ends at 3. I can just meet up with you guys after. I'll let you know if anything comes up though-" He was slightly surprised by the sudden pull on his arm. Estelle's eyes gleamed with pure excitement as she stared at the unbothered male.

"Thank you!" The older pair chuckled at the adorable action. Baek watched how her smaller fingers trailed the crown tattoo on his wrist. His heart clenched as if it were asking for more time with the charming girl. Heechul interrupted his dazed mind with a shove to the side.

"Daehyun will scold you if you're late to your meeting again-"

"Yeah yeah... 5 more minutes."