88

The night seemed colder than usual. Perhaps it was the chilling wind that kept passing, or maybe it was just the lonely sensation weighing on his shoulders. Baekhyun opened the door with an emotionless expression. His heart was beating extremely fast, but he didn't know what he was feeling.  He closed the door quietly and took off his mask. His steps were soft, slightly dragging on the floor. His ears twitched at the cheerful giggling. At least someone was happy...

Heechul turned his head for a moment. He had heard the door open while playing cards with Estelle. To his relief, it was just Baekhyun, but he could easily sense the odd behavior the younger radiated.

"Have you eaten?" Baek averted his eyes to the older. His blue orbs seemed lifeless with absolutely no glow. Heechul gulped; his body suddenly felt cold by the hollow gaze.

"I'm not... hungry." His words trailed off his tongue without any motivation. He mumbled goodnight to the pair before continuing his dragged steps. He shut the door to his room and instantly dropped onto the bed. He buried his head into his shaking hands. His aura demonstrated nothing but anguish as he continued to think about Chanyeol.

"This wasn't supposed to happen... not at all."

His cold fingers hurried to the black file beside him. The file Daehyun had given him before rushing back to the office.

"Everything! Find everything about that gang!" His men hastily rushed to their spots and tried to finish the order as soon as they could. Daehyun was obviously distressed, but it wasn't necessarily something that was affecting him. It was impacting his brother, his little brother, who meant the absolute world to him. He didn't want to see his brother look so lifeless and confused. He wanted him to have a closure or to at least know more about the opposing gang. Even if he needed to work extra just to find more information... he would do it just for Baek. 

.
.
.

"This is all I could find at the moment. There was barely any information since they're always hidden in the shadows, but... we were able to get enough information on the main members." Baekhyun hesitantly reached out for the file. He didn't know what to expect from the documents inside, so he was extremely nervous. He looked up at his brother with a blank smile.

"Thank you."

Baekhyun licked his lips in anticipation. His trembling hands slowly opened the file. His throat suddenly felt dry, along with his tired eyes. His heart halted for a second, clenching painfully as tears flowed on his bottom lid.

Blue Blood

Leader: Possibly Park Chanyeol
Underboss: Rumored to be Oh Sehun
Main Fighter: Possibly Huang Zitao and Kim Jongin

His eyes widened, his shaky voice came out in a shocked whisper.

"Tao..." He continued reading the detailed notes in panic. It felt like every time he read a familiar name, he would also hear a crack. His hand rested on his chest right above his aching heart. His fingers let go of the file allowing it to drop on his lap. He could only mutter, "This can't be real," as he sat in his room in a dumbfounded state.

"Lulu, Soo, Min, Suho..."

Nearly all his old friends were rumored to be in the gang.