30

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE IN POSITION! Chanyeol just called, and he said they're a block away!" They piled up in a corner, ready for the surprise. The doorknob began to wiggle before it was unlocked and pushed open.

"SURPRISE!"

Baekhyun blinked a few times and looked around the room in confusion. Was it his birthday? Did he forget? He didn't understand what was happening until his eyes landed on the big banner in the middle of the room.

'Baekhyun-ah, I love you! I'm sorry!'

He smiled at the silly party and laughed. "You guys did a party just because of a fight?" He giggled and looked at his best friend, who stood in the center. "Well yeah..." Scratching his neck, he smiled before running up to Baekhyun. Engulfing him into a hug, Baekhyun had to let go of the hand he had been holding. He heard the grumble beside him but chose to ignore it and focused on Luhan instead. "I'm sorry for being a bad friend!" He laughed at the worried squirm the older did, "Ahh hyung, it's okay. I was overreacting. I forgive you!" He kissed his best friend's cheek, which was pretty normal for them. But he could still feel the stinging glare piercing into his side. He turned to Chanyeol and swiftly gave the boy a peck on the lips.

"Sorry..."

The giant could only smile while pulling him by the waist and rubbing their noses together. The scene was so heartwarming, but as much as the group wanted to adore the scene... they were beyond confused as to why the two supposed enemies were so close.

"Oh my Jisoo..." Luhan dropped the confetti popper and fell back into Sehuns, awaiting arms. "You guys are together?" Xiumin asked with a grin already forming on his teasing lips.

"Umm.."

The pair shyly turned to look at their group of friends.

"Surprise?"

---------------------

Earlier

"I'm asking if you want to be my boyfriend?"

Baek turned to face him, no longer using the mirror to gaze at the taller. Chanyeol kept his head high, staring back with the same intensity. "You... You want to date me?" Chanyeol stepped closer with a hum, trapping him in between his arms. "Well, you did say we weren't doing friend stuff. I obviously feel attracted to you, so it wouldn't hurt to try it out." Baekhyun sweatdropped at the suggestion. It was painful to look at the youngers shy grin because he still felt unsure of his feelings. He knew he liked the taller, but... was he ready for this? Was he prepared to let Chanyeol in even when he could figure out the truth?

"What if it doesn't work out?"

Chanyeol grabbed his hand, his thumb caressing the surface softly. Placing a kiss on his knuckles, he smiled and looked into Baekhyuns eyes.

"I have a feeling we'll work out. But if we don't, then... what can we do? That's just our destiny. I can keep trying as long as I have your consent."

Baekhyun smiled but slowly looked down.

Am I ready for this?

I mean, I do like him, but...

I don't want to ruin anything or lose someone else-