108

TW: Blood/Violence/Suicide

Click.

The clock was really loud compared to the silent house. It was too quiet. It worries Baekhyun. For some strange reason, he could feel someone's presence, but he couldn't see anyone else.

It was worrying. Very worrying.

He removed the safety pin from his gun and hid behind the wall. There had to be at least one person downstairs. He peeked down the hall and caught sight of a black suit. He approached the man slowly and tapped the trigger with ease.

Click.

"We should call Jaehy-"

He fell forward while blood splattered onto the coffee table. Baekhyun stepped out and shot the other man sitting on the couch, but he was a bit too fast. He hid behind the sofa and prepared his own gun. Baek could hear the quiet clicks as he moved behind the wall again. He positioned his hand to the side and shot three more bullets. Dust appeared with the strong bullets piercing the wall. He held his breath and allowed the bullets to hit the wall beside him. Once the dangerous storm stopped, he stepped forward and shot the visible head in the center. Baekhyun glanced towards the staircase and hurried into one of the main rooms. The secret base was hidden in this old storage area. His father thought it would be nice to have the base inside another center for extra protection. But after seeing the dead guards outside, this area doesn't seem so safe anymore.

Click.

Before he could open the door, he was shoved inside. The man behind him pointed the gun towards his chest, but the bullet ended up crashing into a glass vase after Baekhyun kicked his foot up. He pushed the gun to the floor and raised his own weapon. He pulled on the trigger, widening his eyes when no bullet appeared. The intruder rushed towards him, slamming him into the wall where a few paintings collapsed. Baek tossed the gun to the side and reached for his hidden dagger. The serpent grabbed him by the neck, pausing his breathing for a few seconds. His smirk soon disappeared once he felt the flood of red escape his neck. Baekhyun shoved him away and grimaced at the blood all over his hands. He tried to wipe them on his clothing, but he didn't have time to cry about staining his figure. He searched for a new gun in his room and entered the closet area soon after.

He gasped.

He expected to find the entrance to the secret base destroyed but still-

He had his hopes.

Click.

The keypad was broken. The wires were all cut off, and a few electric sparks could be seen from the uneven lines. The screen kept glitching, and the wall was slid open for others to enter. Baek grit his teeth at the sight while tightening his hold on the pistol. He carefully walked inside, cringing at the creaks the staircase made once he started to go down. His eyes hurt. This place brought back a lot of memories. Their family was always hiding in this base. From a small dark area to a recreation of a cozy home. His father wanted them to be comfortable in the place they would spend most of their time in. At all times, his family always had to be safe.

Click.

The clock was starting to get annoying. It was overwhelming to hear it tapping at his ear when he was trying to stay quiet.