47

"Now, does anyone know the answer?" The professor finished writing the question on the board before turning around. Students scribbled on their notebooks, trying to find the answer to the equation. A hand went up immediately.

"Yes, Baekhyun."

"The answer is 56."

"Correct, as expected from my top student."
The teacher smiled proudly. Baekhyun stared back down at his book. For the first time, he didn't feel happy about getting the answer right. He felt dull and blank. Overall, he just felt confused...

"Baekhyun." His head went up before he turned to the voice. Daniel gave him a small smile while patting his shoulder gently.

"Can you accompany me to my locker after class?" Daniel watched nervously, hoping Baekhyun would say yes.

"Yeah... sure." His head went back down to stare at his notes. Again, he was unsure of his decisions and what to do.

"Take him out of your life."

Baekhyun dropped his utensils onto his plate. The fun and lively vibe of the room immediately disappeared.

"W-What?" Daesung stared at him blankly.

"I understand it may be hard since he's a close friend, but... I feel like he'll cause harm to you." Baekhyun shook his head.

"Sir, I understand your view on things, but... Luhan is my best friend. He's someone very important in my life. He has been there with me ever since elementary. I don't intend on leaving him or our friendship behind because of a mafia group. I want to thank you for everything that you've done, but I will not remove Luhan from my life." Baekhyun got up and bowed before sitting back down. The atmosphere of the room had grown tense. Everyone looked at Daesung, waiting for his following words.

"As you wish. But if he gets too involved, he will be put in danger just understand that... Baekhyun, if he does end up hurting you... I will put the matters into my own hands." Daesung went back to eating. Baekhyun had released a sigh he had been holding.

A sigh of relief.

Baekhyun was glad he didn't have to remove Luhan from his life, but... The inevitable question couldn't leave his mind.

Luhan wouldn't actually hurt him...

Right?

Ding!

"Alright, class, remember to study for the upcoming test!"

"Yes, sir."

Baek swiftly put his books into his bag, clearing his desk clean. He looked at Daniel, who was finishing up the last set of notes.

"Daniel, I just need to talk to Chanyeol really quickly. When you're done, we can go." Daniel nodded, looking at the board before scribbling on his notebook. Baekhyun turned over to see his friends talking. Luhan and Sehun were already set as they waited for Tao and Xiumin to put their books away. Chanyeol was closing his notebook; it seemed as if he had just finished writing his notes. He walked over to his boyfriend with a smile plastered onto his face.

"What's up, babe?" Chanyeol pressed a small kiss on his lips before putting his books away.

"I'm going to go with Daniel really quickly. I'll see you guys at the cafeteria." Chanyeol raised a brow.