98

Chanyeol pressed his head onto the palm of his hand. He was finally going home, and he was drained. Unlike his drooping eyes, his heart was quickly racing as he thought about the older male. Sehun stared at his peer with a curious expression. He could see the heart-shaped eyes and the goofy smile that settled onto his face. The taller looked completely love-struck as he was floating away into his own imagination.

Brrr!

He was forced out of his thoughts, his head falling to observe the text message he had received. He bit his lip; his cheeks had begun to hurt from all the smiling.

Achlys (-)

Me
So when do you plan to get dinner with me?

Achlys  (-)
- Never.

Me
I'll be buying. I can order whatever you want. Is there
anything you like in specific? 

Achlys  (-)
- Cake.

Me
I'll buy you as many cakes as you want.

Chanyeol smiled as he stared at the emoticon beside the boy's name. He felt like a teenage boy crushing on a schoolmate. He turned his phone off, but the picture on his lock screen appeared once more before ultimately going black. Baekhyun was sleeping on his science books. His rosy cheeks and squished face. His calm and adorable complexion rested on the library of Main Arts Academy. Chanyeol let out a loud sigh while rubbing his aching heart.

Why is it so hard to love you?

His fingers entangled themselves with the necklace the older had given him. He observed it for a few seconds before bringing it up to his lips. He pressed a soft kiss onto the piece of jewelry and smiled sadly.

Why is it even harder to forget you?

—————————————————————

Baekhyun walked to his brother's office with hurried steps. He had a flight in less than two hours, and he really needed the files in Daehyun's room. He pressed the phone against his ear as Daniel proceeded to speak.

"The total income suddenly dropped by five percent in both companies. I know this usually happens during the winter, but a lot of our men have gotten a few injuries-" Baek's steps gradually came to a stop as he put his entire focus on the call.

"Injuries?" Daniel hummed. A deep sigh escaping his lips with an aggravated mood.

"Yeah, both of the gangs have become targets. A few have already died, but fortunately, because of our security, most individuals are just wounded. Dad said we need to organize a funeral for the members that did unfortunately pass." Baekhyun bit his tongue before letting a list of muffled curses out. He rubbed his forehead and continued to walk towards the meeting room.

"Any tracks on who's targeting us?"

"Yeah, but... it's based on only a few pieces of evidence." Baekhyun let out an unsettled exhale as he neared his brother's office.