49

All twelve boys entered the restaurant, their mouths slightly drooling at the sight of the delicious food.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The old lady behind the counter asked, already holding a few menus.

"We'd like a table for all twelve of us." Junmyeon smiled as the women nodded in response. Baekhyun quickly untangled his fingers with Chanyeols and stepped forward. The giant pouted at the loss of warmth around his hand.

"Actually, is there a private booth?" The lady checked for an empty booth and repeated her previous motion.

"Yes, there is one private booth left. Would you like to be seated there?" Baekhyun nodded and looked at his friends with a reassuring smile, although they stood there puzzled.

"You would have to pay extra, is that fine?" Baekhyun nodded.

"Yes, that's okay." Jongdae grabbed his shoulder with a confused cough. "Baek, what are you doing?" The older looked at him and shook his head. He would explain once they were seated. He was planning on telling his friends the hidden secrets he had been hiding. The booth would give them the privacy they deserved.

"Please follow me to your station." The old woman grabbed a few more menus before walking to the booth area. The boys followed her still confused on why Baekhyun decided to sit at a private table. They mentally chose to ask him later, but the idea of an alone booth was nice. The woman laid out their menus after wiping the table.

"Alright. When you're ready to order, please press this button." She pointed at the bell icon before making way for the boys to sit. "Enjoy your meal, kids!" She waved goodbye and closed the door to their private booth. Sitting on the soft chair cushions, they sighed in content. The atmosphere was peaceful, and the table was way better than the public stations. Baekhyun looked at the menu as the others awed at the private area.

"Wah... This place is pretty!" Minseok smiled before looking down at his own menu. "So why the sudden change in seats? This booth probably cost a shit load... I'M BROKE I DON'T HAVE MONEY-" A hand clasped over his mouth. "Jongin, quiet down." Kyungsoo held his ear, whining.

"Don't worry about the money. I'll pay."

Baekhyun flipped the page of the menu, drooling over the pork and shrimp ramen. "Wah, look. This one looks so yummy." With excitement, he showed his boyfriend the tasty image. Chanyeol, however, stared at him, a bit baffled by his previous words. The smaller tilted his head and looked at everyone who seemed shocked.

"What-"

"What do you mean you're paying?" Baekhyun scratched his neck nervously.

Should I tell them now?

"Umm, well... I felt like I should pay since I didn't show up last time." He looked down, slightly guilty. The guys smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"Awww, cute!"

"No need, hyung!"

"You're the best!"

"I'll help you with the bill, don't worry." Chanyeol pulled him closer with a soft smile. "It's fine, really. We should decide on what to order!" Hearing those words, they dug into their menus, looking for a delicious meal. Baekhyun stared at the menu blankly. He had already decided on what to eat, but he was thinking about how he should tell everyone the truth. He knew he couldn't tell them about the gang because they would be put in danger, but he was confused on what he should mention and what he shouldn't. The last thing he wanted was for his friends to become targets. He looked down at the hand around his waist. Grabbing it, he glanced at Chanyeol and smiled.

"What's the matter?" Chanyeol looked at him before eyeing the menu again. "Nothing, I just... I like your hand there." Chanyeol felt arrows of love shoot through his heart. He kissed Baekhyuns cheek and returned to the menu, his hand still on his boyfriend's waist. He tapped his hand at a constant pace which made the smaller incredibly comfortable in their position. Baekhyun loved the butterfly's in his stomach. He didn't want them to leave. He was obviously scared of how his friends would react to the sudden info, but... he wanted to tell them.

He trusted them.

Luhan looked at Baekhyun, a hidden gleam of confusion in the brown orbs. He noticed how the younger hadn't moved at all and seemed to be in another world. A sudden feeling of guilt rushed over him.

Baekhyun...

You wouldn't be mad at me for doing this, right?

You would thank me... right?

Luhan shook his head and focused on his menu. His thoughts still roaming annoyingly in his head.

"Are we ready to order?"

"Yes!"

Ding!

---------------------

"You're Baekhyuns... father?" Luhan asked, confused as he looked at the kind-looking man.

"Ah Well... I'm technically his stepfather." Luhan froze.

Stepfather?

"Baekhyun never mentioned him having a stepfather?" Luhan stepped away with caution. He wondered if this man was just a kidnapper who wanted to trick him.

"He's always been embarrassed about having a stepfather... his parents never got along, but he loved them both. It's quite obvious he would feel resentful towards me." The man looked down, distraught all over his face. Luhan felt less tense.

'Maybe he really is Baekhyuns stepdad...'

"I see... however, I do not know how I could help you, sir." The man nodded with a disappointed smile. "It's fine. I just wanted to see my boy and apologize. Our argument didn't end well, and I shouldn't have yelled at him." He laughed sadly and bowed to the high school boy.

"Thank you, though." With that, he began to walk away, a feeling of sorrow rushed to Luhans heart.

'If I help him, then I'd be helping Baekhyun too...'

'I want to help Baekhyun!'

"Wait, sir!" The older man stopped in his steps, turning to Luhan. His sinister smirk hidden under the darkness of the night sky.

"I... I can help you."

"How?"

"I will arrange a meeting, and you can come."

------