i want to love you

@indigo_washington thank you so much for this idea. sorry if it's not all that great. I haven't really felt inspired lately, but I hope you like it (:

-

Luke climbed through the window and pulled himself up onto the roof where Michael was.

He didn't say anything as he sat beside his boyfriend. The older of the two silently smoked a cigarette as he stared out at the view.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked softly, and Michael shook his head without saying a word. He kept the blank, unreadable expression on his face, and continued looking forward.

"I was thinking that since it's-"

"Can we not talk right now?" Michael asked, cutting Luke off.

"Yeah, sorry." Luke whispered, and started scooting away back towards the ledge. "I'm sorry, I'll leave you alone. I'll go play Xbox or someth-"

"Don't go." Michael said, interrupting his rambling.

Luke smiled, and scooted back over to Michael.

Luke had the tattoos and piercings, and he scared little kids by just walking by, but on the inside he just wants to love Michael. He wants to be held, and he wants Michael to kiss his forehead before bed.

"You deserve to be happy." Luke said, and looked over at Michael.

The older boy finally brought his gaze to Luke as the younger boy took his cigarette, putting it out.

"But I'm not." Michael muttered, and that hurt Luke a little bit. He focused his eyes on Michael's eyebrow piercing, trying not to let his eyes fill up with tears.

'I'm Luke, I don't cry' he would say, but that was the biggest lie he's ever told.

"I try really hard to make you happy, but it doesn't work. You're always sad, and I wish I could make you as happy as you make me. All you have to do is look at me, and I can't help but smile. I wish I could make you happy." Luke said softly, and Michael looked over at him.

"Luke..." He whispered, and quickly pulled Luke into his chest. "...you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know I'm always sad, but it's not because of you. You help me more than you know. I may not show it very well, but you make me so happy. You make my worst days so much better."

Luke bit his lip hard, and held his breath so he wouldn't let a tear fall.

"I've told you a million times: it's okay to cry. It's just us." Michael whispered in Luke's ear as the younger boy laid on his shoulder.

Luke finally let it go, and was a crying mess on Michael's shoulder. The older boy held him tight, and whispered sweet, not-so-punk-rock things in Luke's ear.

Luke held onto Michael's Iron Maiden shirt, and let his tears soak into it. He felt really lame, but he loves how Michael is making him feel so safe right now.

"I just want you to know that I love you more than anything in the world." Luke said quietly after calming down a bit.

"I love you too, now let's get you to bed.." Michael whispered, helping Luke back onto the deck.

They both crawled back into the window, and Michael helped Luke remove his shirt. They both quickly took off their jeans, and Luke laid down in the bed.

Michael turned off the classic rock station Luke had playing earlier, and turned out the lights.

He crawled in beside Luke and the younger boy tapped his shoulder.

He looked back and could see a pretty gleam in Luke's blue eyes.

"Can you hold me tonight?" Luke whispered.

"Of course I can." Michael whispered, pulling Luke into his chest, and kissing his forehead.