poems

"hey, beautiful." michael said, and stepped into the living room.

luke wore a black tshirt that matched his thick, black glasses. his curly hair was hanging down with a deep side part, telling michael that luke had been running his hand through it.

he was sitting on the white couch with a grey blanket over his lap with his leather-bound journal in his hands.

"hey, did you just wake up?" luke asked, and michael nodded, getting behind luke, letting the younger boy lean back on his chest.

"yeah.." michael said softly, kissing luke's head, and running his hand through his hair. he got under the blanket, holding onto luke. "...it's like 8 a.m. i don't see how you get up at 6 every day."

luke giggled, and started writing something down.

"what are you writing about?" michael asked, not reading too close because he knows luke likes michael to be surprised when he's done.

"you.." luke laughed, leaning back to let michael kiss his nose.

after luke looked back down, michael laid his head against the couch and picked up luke's left hand.

he smiled when he looked at luke's ring finger and saw a small, cursive 'm' tattoo there. it was in michael's handwriting, and it just made him happy.

"what's something that rhymes with love?" luke asked, too relaxed to really think right now.

"dove, shove, c- no. oh! glove..." michael pauses for a second. "...that's all i can think of- oh! and of. of rhymes with love."

"i like that one." luke said, and scribbled it down.

"i can't believe you're writing a poem that rhymes. usually they never do." michael said and luke shrugged.

"eh. i'm giving it a try."

"i'm so proud of you." michael said softly, leaning his head against luke's.

"for what?" luke asked, laughing a little.

"for finding something you love to do, and making it so beautiful."

luke smiled, and hid his face a little from michael. nobody ever really believed in his writing. they said it was a useless hobby, and although luke doesn't have a career off of his poetry, he reads at a lounge every weekend.

"i love you, michael. without you, i probably wouldn't even be writing anymore." luke whispered, pressing his forehead to michael's cheek.

"don't say that.." michael laughed.

"no really. this book is just filled with things about you. you're kind of my only inspiration. nobody else believed in me."

michael pressed a long kiss to luke's forehead, and held him a little tighter.

"they made a big mistake by doubting you."