not going back

luke lightly smiled when he met michael at his car.

"hey, sweetheart. how was your day?" michael asked, wrapping an arm around luke's shoulders, and kissing his temple.

"can we just go?" luke whispered, getting out of michaels arms.

"hey, tell me what's wrong." michael whispered, and luke shook his head.

he frowned as luke got in the car, and shut the door.

he walked over to his side, and got into the drivers seat, pulling out of the school parking lot just like luke wanted.

he reached over and grabbed luke's hand, holding it softly.

"you look beautiful." michael said quietly, trying to get luke's mind off of whatever was bothering him.

luke just rolled his eyes, and took his hand away.

michael just left him alone for a little bit, not wanting to upset him anymore.

when they pulled into the driveway, luke quickly got out of the car and started walking inside. michael grabbed his wrist and pulled him back before he could go up the stairs.

"listen, if i did something-"

"not everything is about you!" luke finally snapped, yelling at michael. "leave me alone!"

michael watched, taken back, as luke ran up the stairs.

he sighed, and sat his keys and backpack down before he slowly walked up the stairs. he wasn't letting it go. something was wrong.

he slowly pushed open the door, and his heart broke when he saw luke snuggled up in his bed, crying into a pillow that was hugged to his chest.

michael shut the door softly, and walked over, laying about a foot away from him, propped up on his elbow.

"i'm not gonna ask you what's wrong, but just know that i'm here for you." michael whispered.

"i'm sorry i yelled at you.." luke cried.

"hey, it's okay.." michael whispered, and reached over, running his hand through luke's hair.

michael watched as luke traced little shapes on his pillow.

"i- i don't like school. my grades are dropping because i can't pay attention anymore. people keep making fun of me, and i just sit there and think about what they say, and i- i can't- michael, i don't want to go back."

michael scooted over, and moved the pillow out of the way.

michael pulled him into his chest, and kept running his hand through luke's hair.

"baby, i'm sorry..." michael whispered. "...it's all gonna be okay. i can help you, alright? you're not alone."

luke nodded, and let his tears soak into michael shirt.

"hey, i love you more than anything, luke. you are so beautiful, and you are so smart. you're gonna get through this, okay?" michael said, and luke gripped onto his arms.

"i love you.." luke cried.

michael held him tight, and refused to let go.

he pressed his lips to luke's forehead, and held him all night until he was okay again.