past fights

"michael, stop and talk to me for crying out loud!" luke yelled as he shut the front door that michael just stormed past.

"luke, just leave me the hell alone!" michael yelled, turning to look at luke.

"tell me why you're so mad! it wasn't that big of a deal!" luke yelled.

"yeah, okay, luke. it's no big deal that i find you in a corner with your ex boyfriend!" michael yelled.

"it's not like we were making our or anything! we were just talking! we're still friends!" luke yelled.

luke lowered his hands and softened his tone when michael turned around, giving him a look that would scare anyone. it reminded him of a younger michael.

when they were about fifteen, they got into fights almost every day. they weren't dating, they weren't even friends at the time. they yelled, and swung at each other, and got physical until ashton or calum yelled at them.

they couldn't do that anymore.

michael noticed luke's quick change in attitude, and softened his demeanor as well.

he stepped forward, and placed his hand gently on luke's cheek.

"you're scared.." michael said quietly, and luke shook his head.

"we just haven't fought like this in so long. i know you would never hit me, but i just started remembering all of our fights." luke whispered.

back then he was a lot shorter, lankier, and weaker than michael was, but he would still always try to fight back. he always ended up getting hurt more, but he just wanted to seem tough.

"hey, that was a long time ago, okay? we're not like that anymore." michael softly, and luke nodded.

"i know. i'm sorry." luke whispered.

"don't apologize. why don't we go lay down? whatever we were fighting about doesn't even matter anymore." michael whispered, and luke nodded.

he felt michael grab his hand, and slowly pull him up the stairs. he walked up shyly behind his older boyfriend, biting on his fingernail
— something he did when he was anxious.

michael helped luke out of his clothes, and put a big t-shirt over his head as the younger boy just stood there.

once michael changed, and turned around to see luke just staring at the bed, lost in thought, he pulled luke into his arms.

he knows luke has anxiety, and he doesn't want to make anything worse.

"i love you, luke. i love you so much, and i would never put my hands on you like that. we were just kids then, and boys fight, but not anymore, okay?" michael told him, and luke looked up, nodding.

he looked so pitiful and it made michael want to hold him for the rest of his life.

he ran a hand through luke's hair, and pressed his lips to luke's head.

"come on, let's go to bed. tomorrow will be better okay?" michael said, and laid down, letting luke lay on his chest.

"promise?" he asked softly.

"of course i do."