aftermath

Luke sighed as he looked up at the dark sky above him.

He felt relaxed as he laid underneath the stars on the trampoline in their backyard.

Michael and Luke just had a fight. It wasn't a fight over anything in particular, just a bunch of little things they've let build up over time until something had to be said.

Luke closed his eyes as he saw Michael walk out of the back door. This was his quiet place. His place away from the yelling and fighting. 

Michael crawled through the net, and laid down beside Luke, pulling the younger boy into his side.

"Nobody's going to win. Nobody's right. We're both just too stubborn to say that we're wrong..." Michael whispered, running his fingertips through Luke's hair.

"I don't like it when we argue." Luke whispered, and Michael looked down at him.

"I was wrong to yell at you. I know it makes you really anxious, and I should've been more careful." Michael whispered, and Luke shook his head.

"I was acting like a brat. I kind of deserved it." Luke whispered, and laid his head on Michael's shoulder.

"You still look really pretty when you're mad..." Michael muttered, and laughed a little bit.

Luke smiled, and tangled their legs together.

"You're not mad anymore, right?" Luke asked, and Michael shook his head

"I can't stay mad at you. I love you too much." Michael said, and kissed Luke's forehead.

"I love you, too." Luke whispered as Michael tightened his arm.

Luke closed his eyes, feeling at peace until Michael jumped up and started bouncing around the trampoline making Luke's body continuously collide with the stretchy material.

"Mikey!" Luke giggled as he was bounced around by the older boy.

"You look even more pretty when you laugh." Michael told him, and jumped down on top of him.

He held Luke's face in his hands and smiled.

"You're my most favorite person in the whole world."