bikes

- luke is 12 and michael is 13 -

"hurry up, michael!" luke shouted as he rode his bike faster than michael.

michael cracked a smile and sped up a bit, but not enough to catch up to luke.

"baby slow down!" michael laughed, but luke shook his head.

michael smiled in infatuation as luke looked back at him.

"i love you, mikey." luke called as he turned back around.

"love you too- luke! luke look out!"

michael's eyes widened as he pulled off into the grass quickly. a car came speeding down the road going at least 60 mph with no intent of slowing down even though it wasn't difficult to spot michael or luke.

luke barely had enough time to get off of his side of the road before the car hit the back tire of his bike, sending his body into the grass.

it was obvious the person didn't care they hit luke before they continued to speed off.

"luke!" michael screamed and ran over to him.

he sat down on the ground, and checked on luke before calling anyone.

"tell me what hurts." michael said, picking luke's head up gently, and laying in on his lap.

"everything hurts, michael.." luke cried, and michael wiped his tears off.

"but what hurts the most." michael whispered, looking down at luke's bleeding arm. "what should i not even touch?"

"i think my arm is broken.." luke sobbed, and michael looked down at him.

"can you move it?" michael asked.

"yeah, but look at it." luke cried.

michael looked down at luke's arm that was cut pretty deep.

"baby it's just cut really deep. it's not broken.." michael said, one hand on luke's cheek comfortingly.

luke nodded softly, and watched as michael took off his favorite bandana. he untied it, and secured it tightly around luke's cut to close the split a little.

"can you move your feet?" michael asked, pulling out his phone.

luke nodded and wiggled his feet.

michael pressed his phone to his ear, calling his mum.

"okay, what about your legs?" michael asked and luke bent both of his legs.

"you're doing perfect. now move your hands.."

michael smiled as luke did just that.

"hey, mum. i'm gonna need you to come pick me and luke up. there was a bit of an accident, and luke got hit, but-"

"luke got hit?! a car hit him?!"

"yeah, but it wasn't his fault at all. they were going like 60 mph, and they were on the edge of the road. luke tried getting off into the grass but they were going too fast, and they just drove off after they hit him." michael said, looking down at luke, and running a hand through his hair.

"text me your location and i will be there as fast as i can. i'm getting in the car right now." she said, and michael hung up, and texted her quickly.

"i can move everything. it still hurts though." luke whispered, and michael wiped a few more tears away

"i know, baby."

luke looked up at michael and smiled a little bit. "thanks for taking care of me. i love you more than anything in the world."

-

michael smiled when he saw liz's car pull into his driveway.

michael swung the front door open and ran over as fast as he could to open luke's car door.

luke blushed and smiled brightly as he took michael's hand, standing up.

"look.." luke said, and showed michael the brace on his wrist as the older boy shut the door.

"poor, lukey.." michael said before kissing the wrap on luke's wrist.  "...can we go cuddle?"

"well, you know..." luke said, leaning on michael a bit and smirking. "...i think i'm still a little dizzy from everything, so you might have to carry me."

"you're such a faker, but of course i'll carry you." michael said, and picked luke up, letting him wrap his legs around his waist.

michael carried luke past the kitchen where the moms were, and into the living room. he laid luke down beside him, their legs tangled on the huge couch that almost swallowed them both.

"do you feel okay?" michael asked, and luke nodded, pushing his lips out, a signal for michael to lean forward and peck them.

"you're the best boyfriend in the world." luke said, and michael smiled.

"guess what?" michael asked, luke looked up at him with his big blue eyes.

"what?" luke giggled.

"i convinced your mom to let you spend the night over here, and i have all of your favorite movies, and i made my mom get your favorite ice cream too." michael said, and luke smiled brightly, showing all of his teeth.

"i love you!" he squealed, and leaned over, rolling on top of michael, and cuddling into his chest.

"i love you too, baby."