ribs

tw eating disorder

michael smiled when he stepped into the room and saw luke laying on the hospital bed with his eyes closed.

michael sipped his coffee, and walked over, sitting beside the bed.

luke looked beautiful. even with his ribs sticking out of his sides, and his hipbones poking at his skin, he was still so beautiful. even if he was eight hundred pounds, michael would still find the blonde boy so pretty.

he wanted luke to be happy and beautiful at the same time though.

"mikey.." luke whispered without opening his eyes. he could just tell michael was sitting beside him because he smelled of old spice and flowers.

"i'm here, baby." michael said, and luke pulled his hand out from under his head. he reached it over a little and michael smiled, taking luke's hand.

"how are you feeling?" michael asked.

"i feel good today. i'm really tired, but i don't feel sick anymore." luke whispered.

"i'm proud of you." michael whispered, and leaned down, pressing a kiss to luke's forehead.

luke smiled, and finally opened up his pretty blue eyes. "how have you been?"

"stop. you don't have to sit here and entertain me. go to sleep if you need to. i'll be here, okay?" michael said, and luke lightly smiled squeezing michael's hand.

luke closed his eyes, and michael reached forward with his free hand and began running it through luke's hair. he knows it relaxes the younger boy.

"will you hold me?"

michael looked down at luke who was looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"luke, you need to lay down-"

"please?"

"luke, no, baby."

luke rolled his eyes, and let go of michael's hand, turning around, his back towards michael.

"hey? luke, what is it? you need to-"

"this whole week everyone has treated me like a baby. mom won't stop crying, and the doctors get mad if i even stand up, and- and i just want to go home." luke croaked, wiping his eyes.

"i know you do, but the reason you're even here is because you didn't take care of yourself. we're all just worried about you." michael said, hoping that didn't sound too insensitive.

"i know. i just want you to hold me." luke whispered, pressing his sleeve to his eye.

luke craved michael's touch. he hates feeling like he's being punished for an eating disorder he didn't even intend to go this far. he wants to go home and fall asleep in his own bed with michael's arms holding him.

michael frowned a little when he looked at luke. he knows luke hates it here.

"come here.." michael whispered, and sat on the edge of the bed. luke turned around quickly and crawled into michael's lap, making sure to not mess up his iv.

luke curled into michael's chest, and closed his eyes.

"thank you, michael..." luke whispered, feeling better than he was before.

michael pressed his lips to luke's hair, and held him tight.

"we're gonna get you home soon, okay? but you have to promise me that you're not gonna be mean to yourself anymore, okay?" michael said softly, and luke nodded, looking up.

"i promise. i love you."

"i love you too."