nerdz

michael walked through the store, and looked for customers he hadn't greeted yet.

"hey, can i help you find anything?" he asked, and looked at a small, blond boy who stood with a slouch.

"well- um- i don't know. i didn't really come looking for anything but now i want something but i can't pick, and now i'm just rambling on and i'm sorry." he said cutely, biting in his finger.

he looked over at michael, and his eyes widened through his crooked glasses.

michael was probably the most beautiful man he had ever seen.

"well, are you into spiderman?" he asked, and luke nodded, scooting closer.

"well, i'd really recommend this one. one of my personal favorites." michael said, shuffling through a few comic books.

he handed luke one with a bright cover, and the blond boy blushed and smiled like an idiot as he took it.

"thanks..." luke giggled, hating himself for acting so uncool.

"no problem, luke." he said, and luke furrowed his eyebrows.

"how do you know my name?" the younger boy asked, and michael laughed a little, running his finger over luke's backpack strap.

"it's sewn in right here."

luke blushed and felt like a nerd as he looked at his name sewn into the strap. "i'm so lame.." he laughed.

"i think it's kind of cute.." michael said, and smirked a little, making luke's face turn even more red.

he wasn't really used to talking much, so he definitely wasn't used to flirting. he didn't really know what to do.

"i think you're cute." he said, and slapped a hand over his mouth after realizing what he just said and how creepy it sounded.

"it's okay. i think you're cute too." michael laughed, and leaned against a rack of shirts.

the rack fell over, and michael stumbled, but regained his balance as he sheepishly smiled at luke.

luke could just tell by michael's awkwardness that he was really going to like this boy. he didn't make him feel like such an outcast.

"you're such a dork." luke laughed, and the older boy playfully rolled his eyes.

"i think i should get going. i-"

"wait-" michael said quickly, and luke looked up at him. "-sorry i didn't mean to interrupt you. can i have your number though?"

"yeah." luke smiled, and took michael's phone from his hand.

michael gently took the comic book from luke's hand, and leaned over the counter, ringing it up, and paying for it himself.

"i hope to see you soon?" he asked, handing luke the bag, making him smile.

"yeah. of course."