jerk

for lashykins thank you for the idea (:

-

"just look at him... it's an easy dare." one of michael's friends said, but the black haired boy just shook his head.

"no. he doesn't deserve that. he's never hurt anyone." michael said, shaking his head again.

"so what? he's so easy to pick on. he would fall for anything." another guy laughed.

"you guys are jerks. he doesn't have any friends, and he's vulnerable. i'm not gonna do that to him." michael said in a more firm tone.

"he's a nerd, he's ugly, and he's probably used to it. just ask him out. it will be funny!"

"i think he looks beautiful.." michael said quieter looking back at the blonde boy who was sitting at an empty lunch table with his sketchbook in front of him, and his glasses sitting on his nose. "...i think i'm gonna go. i don't want to sit here and hear you guys plan to hurt him like that. he doesn't deserve that."

- *2 months later

"hi luke.." michael said as he sat down at the table.

luke shyly waved at him. he's been talking to luke for about a month now, and he knows it's risky because of his old friends, but he really likes luke.

"you look beautiful today." michael said, and luke blushed, and smiled down at the table.

"thanks. nobody has ever called me that before.." luke said quietly and bit on his fingernail.

"you deserve to hear it more because you are absolutely beautiful." michael said, and luke couldn't stop smiling.

"are we still going to the drive in tonight?" michael asked, and luke nodded.

"yeah. i'm excited." luke laughed.

"me too.." michael said, and bit his lip to contain his smile when luke grabbed his hand.

-

michael tightened his arm around luke when he saw his old friends a few rows away in one of their suv's 

he knows that they've seen him, but he just wants them to leave him alone. he wants them to leave luke alone.

"i'm so happy.." luke said quietly, and michael smiled down at him. he pressed a kiss to luke's forehead forehead, making the younger boy blush.

"only 30 more minutes until the movie starts.." michael said, and looked down at luke. "...are you cold?"

luke nodded, so michael pulled a blanket over luke's shoulders, letting the younger boy cuddle into his side.

"michael!" he heard, and he could already feel himself getting annoyed as his old group of friends approached his truck.

"hey..." michael said monotonously.

"well, i guess we owe you this. didn't think you'd actually ask out the nerd. you can tell him it's over now. you passed the dare." he said, handing michael fifty dollars.

"what?! no. this isn't-"

"you were right. he is really vulnerable..." another one said, and michael knew everything was getting messed up. "...see you back at school."

they sat in silence for a second while the group of guys walked away.

michael finally brought himself to look down at luke's tear-filled eyes.

"how could you?" luke whimpered.

"no, baby. that's not what happened, okay-"

"don't call me that." luke spat, a tear falling from his eye.

"luke, i promise i can explain this." michael said, and luke stopped trying to gather his things and just paused, and covered his face with his hands.

he cried into his hands for a second, breaking michael's heart completely.

"you were my best friend, michael.." luke sobbed. "...you were all i had, and i think you knew that, but you still didn't care."

"luke, please listen to me.." michael said, and wiped luke's tears up.

"i don't want to. i want to go home." luke cried.

"listen, they dared me about 2 months ago to ask you out, and i told them no. i was mad that they would suggest that, and that's why i literally haven't communicated with any of them since that day. i told them that you are beautiful and you deserve more than that. they're just mad that i dropped them, so they tried messing us up. i promise, luke, the way i feel about you is not a dare."

luke sniffled, and wiped his eye, melting michael's heart again.

"why would they be so mean?" luke asked.

"i don't know. that's why i stopped being friends with them. i couldn't let them pick on you." michael said, and ran his thumb under luke's eye.

"you like me?" luke asked.

"of course i like you, you dork." michael said, and pulled luke down into his lap, pressing kisses all over his face.

luke hugged michael's neck tightly, and michael pulled the blanket over him as the outside lights went  out, and the movie came on.

"i trust you, michael."

"i'm never gonna intentionally hurt you, luke. never."