guitars

michael smiled as he walked into guitar center. he had saved up enough to get the guitar he's been wanting for so long now.

michael lightly smiled when he saw luke hemmings looking at one particular guitar in the center of the store. it was only $300, but it looked great.

sometimes he worries about luke. they don't really talk, but he knows luke gets picked on. he always walks with his head down.

michael walked over and stood a few feet away from two people, admiring the guitar he had been wanting. it was on the wall, and it was as if it was waiting for michael.

"mom, can i get one?" he heard a soft voice ask, so he glanced over, seeing luke holding on to his moms arm.

"no. when you stop liking boys, you can have one."

michael couldn't believe what he heard come from her mouth. he watched in disbelief as luke walked back over to look at the one he likes.

he followed the blonde boy, and stood beside him, crossing his arms.

"you like this one?" michael asked, and luke looked over at him.

"hi, michael," luke whispered, smiling a little bit.

"hey, luke," michael said, smiling at him.

"i-i really like this one. i've wanted it for a really long time." he whispered, and michael pouted a little.

"i didn't know you played guitar." michael said quietly.

"i sneak my brothers guitar when he's not there. i want one of my own, but my mom won't get one for me, and i don't really have a job, so..."

"i'm sure it will all work out." michael said, nudging luke's arm.

"i hope. music is really the only thing i enjoy, you know?"

michael looked down at him and frowned. "i know.."

"luke, stop. you're not getting anything. just go wait in the car!" his mom spat, and luke looked at her with a little fear in his eyes.

"i'll s-see you later, michael," luke whispered, and looked at the ground as he left the store.

michael sighed, and looked back at the guitar he wants, and shook his head.

it just wasn't important to him anymore.

he picked up the guitar luke likes, and walked over to the counter. he added a capo, and a bag of pick to his order.

"your total is $452.39."

michael swiped his card, finding no regret in spending almost half of what he has saved up.

once the guitar was in its case, michael ran out of the store, and saw luke getting in the back seat of an suv.

"luke! wait!" michael yelled, and luke looked up, furrowing his eyebrows. "here, i want you to have this!"

luke's eyes widened as michael ran towards him.

"no! that's too much, i can't take th-"

"luke, i want you to have it. listen, i believe that music is something great, and everyone deserves the chance to experience it for themselves. when i play a guitar, i forget about all of the other shit going on in my life, and i'm happy. i want you to feel that."

luke smiled, and michael's face softened when luke's eyes filled with tears.

"nobody's ever given me anything before." he whispered.

"you deserve this. you deserve to make music that is just as beautiful as you are, okay? i know things get hard sometimes, but for the time you sit in your room, and play your guitar, i want you to be happy, alright?"

luke smiled, and nodded, jumping out of the car and hugging michael.

"thank you." luke whispered, and michael's grip tightened around his waist.

"no problem." michael whispered into luke's hair. "i know we're not really close, but i care about you, luke."

"you do?"

"yeah. i wanna get to know you more."