sad baby

Luke smiled as he heard the door close downstairs. He took one more look in the mirror and smiled at what he saw.

He spent an hour getting ready before Michael came home. He strayed away from his usual all black attire, and wore a red tshirt with his black jeans and black vans.

Michael always said Luke looks beautiful in that color.

Luke ran down the stairs and saw Michael putting his work stuff down.

"Hey babe.." Michael said, and Luke smiled, but noticed Michael was moving around quickly as if he was rushing.

"Look what I did..." Luke said, and grabbed Michael's hand, leading him to the dining room.

"Babe, I've gotta hurry, guitar center is gonna close in like 30 minutes, and then I've gotta go to Ashton's to check out his new set, and-"

Michael stopped talking when he saw what Luke had set up.

There were candles and cooked food, and Luke bit his lip to hide his smile.

"Luke, I told you I had plans-"

"No you didn't." Luke said softly, and squeezed Michael's hand.

"Luke, cmon don't do this. Can I just-"

"Michael.." Luke whined, and turned, pressing his chest to Michael's. "...come on. If you stay, I promise I'll make it worth it."

"Luke, can I just go? I'm kind of in a hurry." Michael said softly, and Luke dropped Michael's hand and nodded.

"Yeah, okay.." Luke whispered, and Michael kissed his head. "...have fun."

"Love you." Michael said, and Luke lightly smiled.

"Mhmm. Goodbye Michael." Luke said as the older boy ran out of the door.

Luke felt tears fill up his eyes as Michael's car pulled out of the driveway.

Luke has never been one to cry a lot, but he can't help it this time.

Michael has left him to hang out with friends so many times that he's getting used to it.

The only time he gets with Michael is when they fall asleep next to each other.

Luke blew out the candles and put all of the food in the refrigerator. He wasn't hungry anymore.

He let out a disappointed sigh as he began walking up the stairs.

-

Luke sat up in the bed and turned on the lamp. It was after midnight, and Michael still wasn't home yet.

Luke can't go to sleep until he knows Michael's is at home and safe.

They've only been dating for a few months, but Luke stays at Michael's every night. They were best friends for several years before, but now Michael seems further than he was when they weren't together.

Even when Michael goes to hang out with ashton and calum, he never asks Luke if he wants to go.

Luke pulled over his phone and called Michael quickly.