single dad

michael stepped up to luke's apartment, and unlocked it with the key he got a while back.

he hasn't been able to hang out with luke in a long time ever since luke's girl left him with their 3-month-old.

michael still felt bad that luke got a girl pregnant. luke went out and got really drunk when michael broke up with him after dating for 2 years. he was hurting, and the last thing he needed was a child.

"luke?" michael asked, and walked into the kitchen, setting his keys down.

"yeah?" luke asked, and walked into the room with a monster energy drink in his hand.

michael looked around at all of the empty red bull cans, and empty baby food jars.

"i just wanted to make sure everything is okay. how's it going?" he asked, getting a lemonade from luke's fridge.

"good. just a little tired as usual." luke said, rubbing his eyes.

"you sure?" michael asked once he looked at luke's red brimmed eyes, and skinnier frame. "it looks like you're pretty much surviving off of energy drinks. it's kinda like walking into an alcoholics house, but instead he's addicted to sugar."

luke laughed a little bit before running his hand over his face. "i can't really drink with a baby around, but trust me, i feel like it."

"you're not alright." michael said a little more seriously.

"i just don't know how long i'm going to be able to do this. it's only been three months." luke whispered.

"hey, i'm here to help, okay?" michael said, and luke shook his head.

"no you're not. you just feel bad. you broke up with me last year because you said i'm annoying and don't give you enough space." luke muttered.

"i was just having a bad day, and i took it out on you." michael whispered, and wrapped his arm around luke's shoulders.

"yeah i know," luke whispered as michael pressed a kiss to the corner of luke's mouth.

"why don't you go get some rest?" michael asked.

"i can't. if jay wakes up, i've gotta feed him." luke said.

"well, i'm not going anywhere. how about you go ahead and go to sleep, and i'll stay up to make sure jay is fine." michael said, and luke smiled, laying his head against michael's shoulder.

"you really mean that?" luke asked.

"of course. i told you, i'm here to help." michael said, making luke smile.

"thanks mikey. lay with me?" luke asked.

"why?" michael asked, but walked behind luke anyway.

"because. i miss being held." luke said softly, turning to michael.

"yeah of course. how about i get the baby, and i'll hold you both so i don't have to wake you up if he gets up?" michael asked, and luke nodded, walking into his room as michael kept going to the nursery.

michael smiled and picked up the little baby in his arms. he held the child to his shoulder, and felt relieved as he stayed asleep.

michael walked back to luke's room, and cooed when he saw luke already under the big comforter.

michael got in beside him, and the baby laid on his chest, star-fished out.

luke let out a whine, and michael glanced over to see luke pouring as he looked at jay.

"what's wrong?" michael asked.

"he's in my spot."

michael laughed softly, and wrapped his arm around luke, letting the younger man snuggle into his side.

"thank you for helping." luke whispered.

"i'm happy to help anytime you need me."