art

okay so this is pretty much based off of a chapter from my book 'Creation' (at least I think that's what it's from lol)

-

Luke felt extremely awkward as he saw his ex boyfriend walk into the library he worked in.

They've been apart for a few weeks, and it's been hell for both of them.

Luke lightly smiled as he watched Michael draw. He was an amazing artist, and he could do anything he wanted. His work was beautiful, and everything he created astonished Luke.

His breath hitched in his throat when he saw Michael get up, and walk towards him. He looked down and continued stamping books.

"Hey ba- I'm sorry, Luke. I finally ready to open up my art gallery. I know I promised you a while back that you would be the first to see every piece, but honestly, it would just be great if you could be there tonight. It would mean a lot to me." Michael said.

"Um... I have a lot of work tonight- and plans. I have plans. Maybe I can stop by, but don't wait up on me." Luke said, not making eye contact.

He really didn't want to go because Michael's work always made Luke fall further in love. Seeing the passion and heart that Michael put onto a canvas really blew Luke away. He found it admirable.

"I hope to see you there. Goodbye, Luke."

"Bye." Luke whispered, and pushed up his glasses.

-

Luke stepped into the gallery, and look at the wall in front of him.

the boy i can't stop loving

Those were the words painted on the wall.

Luke bit his nail, and walked behind the wall to the source of the noise.

The gallery was crowded, and Luke looked around at what he saw.

His eyes filled with tears as he saw every single picture hanging on the walls. They were all of him. Sketches and paintings and photos were everywhere and they were all of Luke's face. His smile, his eyes, his hair. Everything in immaculate detail.

He quickly wiped his eyes, as he looked up at a big blown up picture Michael took of him. He was laying in Michael's big white comforter, and the side of his head was resting on the pillow. He was lightly smiling, and the caption beside the picture read 'should've asked him to marry me then'

He looked at another one and saw Michael had painted a picture of Luke with his glasses on.

"Excuse me..." He heard.

He looked up and saw Michael up on a little platform.

"...I fell in love. It happened faster than I wanted it to, but I think when you meet the person you're meant to be with, you just know it. His name is Luke Hemmings. I was stupid enough to let him go, and I was really hoping that he would come tonight but I haven't seen him yet...." Michael laughed.

"...I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for coming tonight. I'm so glad to be able to share this collection with you. It's my most personal, most passionate group of works, and I hope you all enjoy. Thank you."

Luke quickly walked through people, and grabbed onto Michael's arm.

Michael turned around, and Luke sniffled, people looking at him.

"Michael, why did you do this? Why did you ask me to come when you knew this was just gonna hurt really bad? I still love you more than anything in the world, but why did you do this?" Luke cried.

"I've never been more inspired by anyone or anything. My art means something to me, and believe me when I say you mean more to me than anything I could ever create."

Luke hugged Michael tightly, and felt a hand on the back of his head.

He looked up, and caught Michael's lips in a kiss. A kiss they haven't felt for a while.

"G- I love you so much." Michael said, pressing his forehead to Luke's.

"I love you."