hurt bad

*mentions of abuse and r ape

-

"baby.." michael whispered as he walked back into his bedroom. "...i made you some hot chocolate."

luke shook his head, and kept staring at the wall beside him. he was laying on the right side of the bed that was pressed up against the wall.

michael sighed, and sat the cup down, not exactly knowing what to do. he wanted to comfort luke, but he could get close until luke said it was okay. there was nothing he could say to diminish the pain luke was feeling.

"let me know if i can do anything." michael said quietly, and sat on the futon in his room. he picked up his laptop, and searched ways to help, but nothing would work if he tried.

luke was just numb.

he's already 17, but he's had so much innocence ripped from him. he was forced to grip up when he was only a toddler. his mom was never home, so he had to care for himself. he got handed around to strangers while his mom was on drug runs, and along the way he was molested. that lasted for years.

it wasn't until just 72 hours ago that luke was r aped for the first time after being beaten by his moms new boyfriend.

michael looked up and moved his laptop when he saw luke sitting up. he watched as the younger boy scooted to the very edge of the bed, and sat criss cross. he picked up the hot chocolate, and that made michael smile a little.

after just one sip, he shook his head, and sat it back down. "it's good, but i can't- i feel sick." luke said, and wiped his tired eyes.

"okay, baby.." michael said, and luke glanced up at him.

"am i gonna be okay?" luke asked.

"yeah. you're strong." michael whispered, but luke could hear.

"it doesn't feel like it." luke said, and michael could see how tired and scared luke was.

"and it won't for a while, but you've gotta keep going. don't let him win." michael said, and luke nodded, looking down at his sock-covered feet.

he kept glancing up and opening his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but didn't know if he should.

"what is it?" michael asked, and luke looked back up again. this was the most responsive luke has been since the incident, and he wants to keep encouraging him.

luke shook his head, but his eyes kept wandering the room.

"you wanna come sit with me?" he asked, and luke looked up, nodding.

"yeah, but my legs hurt. will you come lay with me?" luke asked.

"of course i will." michael said, and stood up, as luke scooted back over.

he slowly crawled onto the bed, and glanced down at luke as he laid down.

"you okay?" michael asked, and luke nodded softly. "i don't want to do anything to upset you, so just tell me if i'm too close, okay?"

"okay.." luke whispered, and laid on michael's chest. "...but i don't think that's gonna be a problem. i always feel so safe in your arms."

michael leaned down and pressed a kiss to luke's forehead.

"i'm proud of you, luke. i love you."

"i love you, too. thank you for being so patient with me." luke said, and looked up.

"of course, beautiful. anything for you."